Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

"You can't cook bacon anymore!"

Posted by   + Show Post

This is what I told dh today when we were making BLTs for lunch. He was just pushing them around and not draining the grease. I'm OCD when it comes to cooking bacon. I make sure it doesn't burn, I flip it, rotate it, press it, and I am constantly watching it. Don't get me wrong the man can cook, but bacon is not something I feel he cooks well. LOL So while I'm put the bacon on the plate he's eating them. I had to literally kick his butt to get him away from the freaking plate. Then as I'm cooking the rest of the bacon and he's eating his second sandwich. He's like "OMG this so good" and I just had to shake my head and laugh. He can be an @$$ but I do love him. 

What does your man do in the kitchen that makes you shake your head?

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Replies (11-14):
lukee
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:33 AM

I do the cooking --and I have converted to oven cooking my bacon--cabinets do not get that light coating of grease that the dust clings too--I hate frying anything. I use a cookie cooling rack set in a foil lined cookie sheet--lay the bacon out nice and straight and then just peek every now and then--it stays pretty and it is not greasy and no big mess to clean. I do save the fat in a container though --great flavoring for many other things.

My pet peeve is things like putting dirty glass, cup etc--onthe counter OVER the dishwasher. He devours saltine crackers--he can never throw the empty box away or even say pick up some crackers please--I have to spot the empty box sitting on a shelf in the pantry

OrangeSunset
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:46 PM

My ex used to kick his stinky socks off beside the hamper and leave them there. He'd have a stack of them there and he'd put all his other clothes in the hamper, but the socks would always be by it. And he'd never, ever, ever remember to put the lid down on the toilet seat.

But when it came to the kitchen, he was a genius!

godotherightthi
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:01 PM

My husband is great cook, but he fails to "clean as you go". 

I was taught to put all the used dishes in the sink, put away all the ingredients as they were used, and to wipe down counters as I went while I was cooking.  My husband does none of that, so while I love his cooking (and I'm not complaing :) - he leaves me a HUGE mess when he's done, lol.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:36 PM

He leaves a mess.He will cook but I have to do the clean up yet when I cook he doesnt clean up.Ugh!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN