Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mitt Romney refuses to take questions from children on ‘Kids Pick the President’, Obama participated

Posted by   + Show Post

Mitt Romney refuses to take questions from children on ‘Kids Pick the President’, Obama participated

October 8, 2012

Nickelodeon states that Mitt Romney opted out of the chance to take part in a “Kids Pick the President” special that includes his President Obama. The  TV channel for children said Monday that the Republican Presidential candidate declined to be involved in the special, while President Obama participated, the AP reports.

Videotaped questions are included in the program for the candidates from children across America. Afterward, viewers can vote for their pick for president.

The show’s host and producer Linda Ellerbee said that candidates show “respect for kids” by answering their questions and called Romney’s decision disappointing. This isn’t the first time Romney has shunned questions, but it is from children.  I’m going to wager a guess – the disrespect shown, will cost Romney votes with children today for their pick. Perhaps children have more common sense than adults, considering the the number of Romney supporters — some of which did not care for him only months ago. There is something wrong with a politician who cannot take children’s questions, yet feels he can lead the most powerful country on Earth.

The Romney campaign did not immediately respond to phone and email requests for comment.

In the Nickelodeon special, Obama is asked about issues including jobs, immigration and bullying.

It will air on Oct. 15, with no answers from Mitt Romney.

http://freakoutnation.com/2012/10/08/mitt-romney-refuses-to-take-questions-from-children-on-kids-pick-the-president-obama-participated/

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Replies (181-188):
mommapops
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:45 AM
I stand corrected. And I'm happy to know that. I'm truly so disgusted with the attack adds this year and all the negative. I know its been happening this way for years but its worse than ever this election. Imo. I'm an independant and I voted for Obama last election. I feel so distracted by all the nonsense this election, I just don't feel I can trust anyone because they're always twisting their words. I don't know? Thank you for your reply it did make me feel a lot better because these days I feel everything is about money. It's nice to know this was actually about the children. Although I must say it shocked me. Have a nice day! Thanks!

Quoting mom_to_travis:

"Kids Pick the President" has been happening on Nickelodeon since 1988.  So no, it's not just a new game invented to hop on the Big Bird bandwagon.  And do I think they "care a rats ass about childrens questions being answered by a presidential candidate"?  Yes, I do.  Kids aren't stupid.  Encouraging them to take an interest in the political process is a positive, SMART thing to do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kids_Pick_the_President

The specials began in 1988 as part of a yearly "Kids Vote"
election-related coverage, in part as a way to encourage children in
Nickelodeon's audience to become engaged in the political process, and
partly for comedic value

Quoting mommapops:

I'm sorry but IMO nikelodean is playing a game. Do you really think they care a rats ass about children's questions being answered by a presidential candidate. PBS and Big Bird had too much interest and this is a company in the ratings just like every other channel. so disgusting that they would play this game to get their time claim to fame. I'm just using that as a figure of speech but you know what I mean. This has absolutely nothing to do with the children. Again, IMO but I doubt I'm wrong.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JudesMom418
by New Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
You've got to be kidding to be so obvious!, Since when has Cafe Mom become MSNBC!

BYE, BYE CAFE MOM!!

UNSUBSCRIBED
Shaybay218
by Shayla on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:44 AM

ughhhh so ready for this shit to be over...

_Kissy_
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:44 PM
The children are our future. Nice way to create more Democrats because Republicans are too good for the little people.

Obama is more concerned about what goes on in this country, as he should be.

Quoting CABZS:

Obama is great at PR, that hasn't changed.  But answering questions to kids doesn't make me like him & won't make me vote for him.

Romney answering questions for kids won't make me vote for him either.

Funny nobody cares why Romney said no, just jumping to conclusions.

But it is ok for Obama to say no to other leaders of the world for no reason or so he can continue to campaingn; fundraise or whatever.

Sorry some things just crack me up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyBast
by Brenda on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Of course he does not care about the KIDS at least ours or he would understand pre-existing conditions too!

CABZS
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:20 PM

LOL you think he's concerned about our children just bc he went on a show?

It is called PR!

And if he was so concerned he would not be big on bigger government & all his spending.

He wouldn't be spending so much time golfing & taking vacations.

And before bringing up Bush; many of his "vacations" were spent w/other leaders meeting w/him so they weren't "real" vacations.  And no I am not a huge Bush supporter.  I have not fully supported a President in a long time!

Quoting _Kissy_:

The children are our future. Nice way to create more Democrats because Republicans are too good for the little people.

Obama is more concerned about what goes on in this country, as he should be.

Quoting CABZS:

Obama is great at PR, that hasn't changed.  But answering questions to kids doesn't make me like him & won't make me vote for him.

Romney answering questions for kids won't make me vote for him either.

Funny nobody cares why Romney said no, just jumping to conclusions.

But it is ok for Obama to say no to other leaders of the world for no reason or so he can continue to campaingn; fundraise or whatever.

Sorry some things just crack me up.

CityofRosesMama
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:08 AM
Yes. Probably a staffer. Lol.
CityofRosesMama
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 7:16 AM
Are those Obama glasses? Lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)