Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Mitt Romney refuses to take questions from children on ‘Kids Pick the President’, Obama participated

Posted by   + Show Post

Mitt Romney refuses to take questions from children on ‘Kids Pick the President’, Obama participated

October 8, 2012

Nickelodeon states that Mitt Romney opted out of the chance to take part in a “Kids Pick the President” special that includes his President Obama. The  TV channel for children said Monday that the Republican Presidential candidate declined to be involved in the special, while President Obama participated, the AP reports.

Videotaped questions are included in the program for the candidates from children across America. Afterward, viewers can vote for their pick for president.

The show’s host and producer Linda Ellerbee said that candidates show “respect for kids” by answering their questions and called Romney’s decision disappointing. This isn’t the first time Romney has shunned questions, but it is from children.  I’m going to wager a guess – the disrespect shown, will cost Romney votes with children today for their pick. Perhaps children have more common sense than adults, considering the the number of Romney supporters — some of which did not care for him only months ago. There is something wrong with a politician who cannot take children’s questions, yet feels he can lead the most powerful country on Earth.

The Romney campaign did not immediately respond to phone and email requests for comment.

In the Nickelodeon special, Obama is asked about issues including jobs, immigration and bullying.

It will air on Oct. 15, with no answers from Mitt Romney.

http://freakoutnation.com/2012/10/08/mitt-romney-refuses-to-take-questions-from-children-on-kids-pick-the-president-obama-participated/

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Replies (151-160):
lukee
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:09 AM

I think it is not required for a candidate to talk to the children, though we may have gotten some interesting answers . It is not required that any of us go to any event, though while there we may learn something. I am totally disheartened by the lack of sincerity by both gentlemen vying for the top spot. If the last answer given creates discord by all means change what you are saying--tell the world they did not understand. I guess I am too darn old, I still remember when a mans word was his bond. While I am on my soapbox, I totally think this disparaging your president thing has gotten totally out of hand. I did not like it when Bush was the target and I do not like it now either. I blame the comedians on late night tv for starting it and we the people were eager to show we were up to the task. We by deriding our elected leader tell the world he is not to be taken seriously. The really sad part is the next person to get the dubious title will also be victim of even more ridicule and jokes than the prior. Do you honestly think that Iran or China or any of a number of other countries are going to respect a president whose own people do not. Whether we like our elected leader or not we should show some modicum of respect. Just how much respect was given Geo Bush by other governments when almost daily there was some comment about how dumb he was etc and it has just gotten worse with Obama. You can bet the next president no matter who gets the "honor" will be paying an even greater price. I can tell you this no matter who it is, there will be a multitude unhappy and willing to supply the ammo to try and bring them down. All you mothers need to give it some thought as to the world your children are going to grow up in. Having said this please do not think that means that "our leader, right or wrong" but I believe there are better ways to discuss our views and how they relate to the person in power than screaming and yelling and name calling

BoysManDog
by New Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this

One wonders if Ellerbee and Nickelodeon think it shows "respect for kids" when the star of one their popular CHILDRENS' shows says the following about Ann Romney and Janna Ryan? 

Good for Romney for not giving time to this so-called children's organization that links directly (even after this filth was posted) to this cretin's Twitter account to "promote" their show.  Yes, it IS telling that Romney did not work with Nickelodeon ... Tells me that Romney is a good and decent man.

Wife of Jason Biggs Jokes about Child Rape; Defends Husband's Misogynistic Tweets

From the A-List (Alec Baldwin) to the B-List (Ellen Barkin) to the C minus-List (Rosanne Barr) Hollywood liberals just ooze class. But if you want to find real high-brow discourse, you sometimes have to reach down to the sub-D-list.

That's where you'll find Jason Biggs, who trades in filthy, perverted tweets about Ann Romney and Janna Ryan. And his wife, some-time actress Jenny Mollen, who has no problem with her spouse's self-expression. In fact, Mollen likes to chime in herself, as she did recently, with a tasteful, sophisticated joke about her husband committing statutory rape on 8th grade children.

Biggs's Twitter account is currently being promoted by kid's channel Nickelodeon, and in May Mollen tweeted "My husband is up for a Teen Choice Award which means tons of 8th grader pussy! Please make sure your kids vote!"

Nickelodeon, with a viewership of kids 10 to 17, still has made no comment about the couple's tweets.

According to John Nolte at BigHollywood "Nickelodeon directs your children to [Biggs's] Twitter account filled with sexist talk of bleached assholes, incest (complete with photos), "cock," photos of dildos, and Chick-fil-A trashing."

Recently Biggs tweeted about Paul Ryan, saying, "I bet there's footage somewhere of Paul Ryan jerking off to a close-up photo of his widow's peak. #RNC."

Later Biggs made vile statements about Ryan's wife, Janna. "I'd totes dip a pinky or two in Paul Ryan's wife's bleached asshole ( she obvs bleaches her asshole.) #RNC," Biggs tweeted.

Biggs faced a harsh backlash on Twitter and deleted the offensive tweets, but he and his wife show no remorse for their actions. No doubt Biggs would be fired immediately and ostracized from liberal society if his comments were made about Michelle Obama.

Breitbart.com Editor-in-chief Ben Shapiro noted that Nickelodeon launched an anti-bullying initiative which dealt specifically with cyber bullying.

"The website for that initiative insists, "Bullying doesn't have to happen in person. Sometimes bullies will say hurtful things on the Internet. It's important to also learn about cyberbullying!" Not only that - Nickelodeon encourages you to "Stand up for someone that you see being bullied and tell an adult about the problem," Shapiro wrote.

Shapiro encouraged readers to write to Nickelodeon's West Coast Vice President, asking three key questions:

Do you believe Mr. Biggs' cyber-bullying of conservative women compromises your company's anti-bullying efforts?  http://www.nick.com/thebighelp/anti-bullying

-Do you believe Jason Biggs' misogynist tweets about conservative women will alienate families who watch your programming?

-If Jason Biggs had tweeted about Michelle Obama's anus, would he be able to keep his job with you?

So far there's only silence from the left, driving home the point that liberals will never hold their kind accountable.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/lauren-thompson/2012/09/04/wife-jason-biggs-jokes-about-child-rape-defends-husband-s-misogynis

AND MORE

American Idiot 2: Jason Biggs knocks Christians; targets Ann Romney and Janna Ryan with vile tweets

Looks like Jason Biggs is still defiling that pie … if by “pie” you mean “contract with Nickelodeon.”

Yesterday Twitchy reported that the “American Pie” actor tweeted about sexually assaulting Paul Ryan’s wife. We know … shocking from an actor who made a name for himself by humping a pie.

But Pig Biggs wasn’t done tweeting misogynist filth about political wives. After a disgusting tweet about Ann Romney’s body, he targeted Janna Ryan again by retweeting his wife, Jenny Mollen.

Revolting. Where is the Hollywood Left as one of their own tweets sexually degrading remarks about Mrs. Romney and Mrs. Ryan?

Crickets. As usual. Not surprising from a crowd that loves to rub elbows with the likes of Roman Polanski.

Biggs also got in a dig at Christians.

How’s that for liberal tolerance? Gosh, he’s so much Smarter Than You, isn’t he?

mom_to_travis
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

You go right ahead and keep looking down your nose at families who watch PBS and want it to stay funded.  That comes across as SUPER compassionate.  You have a very know-it-all attitude.  No one could possibly be right except you, right?  Did you every stop and think that maybe the people that--in your words--rely on TV to educate their children do not have any other resources to do so?  Not everyone can afford to buy books or workbooks.  For some, even getting to a library to borrow books is difficult due to lack of transportation, having to work, etc.  And yes, there are parents who don't care if their kids get any early childhood education, and in those households the likelihood is high that they may not have cable so the only kid's programming on TV is on PBS and you can bet those kids watch it.  Defunding PBS would not cause it to go under entirely, no.  But it would likely cause stations in the poorest areas to not operate.  Oh well!  Too bad for those poor kids!  I guess they'll just have to teach themselves to read!

Quoting CABZS:

And what exactly is excellent?

The fact that she is still assuming why Romney didn't do this?

The fact that PBS will suvive w/o government money?  The fact that the few million dollars that will be saved can go somewhere that it is actually needed? You know like schools?

People shouldn't be relying on TV to educate their children.

I have not posted any information that is untrue, so she makes no sense there.

I am not cold or uncompassionate.  I just know that cuts need to be made, we need to be smarter in our spending & this is something that we don't need to spend money on.  I would at least like our great grandchildren to be able to afford this country, yup that makes me cold.

And I will be able to look my children in the eye, they didn't watch PBS & yet knew who Big Bird & his friends were/are.  My children are old enough that when you need to save money you need to make unpleasant cuts.   Imagine that, smart kids w/o the use of PBS:)

Oh & where did I say a child's opinion doesn't matter?  My 13yr old is following politics, we talk about politics.  But a president talking to him or not talking to him is not going to sway me.

Oh & name calling, yeah that is real good.  Only people who have nothing resort to name calling.

So yeah I don't find her reply excellent at all, I find it rather funny.  Name calling & a bunch of assumptions; always good for a laugh:)

Quoting mom_to_travis:

Excellent post!!

Quoting 6AM:

There is so much wrong with what you are implying that I do not know where to start. First of all jumping to conclusions implies no bases which obviously there is. The connection being that why would he campaign to eliminate funding of a network dedicated to educational programing and then go on a children's educational program. Secondly  yes they are children and despite what you think and that they can not vote they do have voices that should be heard and addressed by those in power. Thirdly  it is not just funding tv it is funding educational tv that is geared towards children. These programs make life a little better for everyone by teaching the next generation about diversity, acceptance, self respect, shapes, numbers, apathy, sharing, colours and the alphabet. Yes they do get most of their funding through donations  so when it comes down to it why the hell can't we give what small percentage of government funding it actually is to programing that actually cares how our children grow and what they learn? I bet you there are a few anchors at fox news taking some under the table funds as it is so why not give to those putting real information out there. I know I won't change your mind and I honestly do not intend to. I have responded for one reason and that is so some one who has not made up their mind yet does not read your misinformed uncompassionate cold opinion and takes it for something of value. I will not be giving you my attention again. I suggest you go look your child in the eye and tell him or her that Ernie and Bert are no more and you support it, and that her or his opinion does not matter until they can vote. Idiot!

Quoting CABZS:

If they were high school kids maybe, but I don't believe they are.

And if you are talking about cutting funding for PBS, I don't see the big deal in that.  Most of the funding comes from private donations & I don't feel the government needs to be funding TV.

And yeah still jumping to conclusions.

Quoting 6AM:

Considering Mitt's stance on the children's television network which has been supported by  nickelodeon for years I would hardly call it jumping to conclusions. He should be very concerned what the younger generation thinks.

Quoting CABZS:

Obama is great at PR, that hasn't changed.  But answering questions to kids doesn't make me like him & won't make me vote for him.

Romney answering questions for kids won't make me vote for him either.

Funny nobody cares why Romney said no, just jumping to conclusions.

But it is ok for Obama to say no to other leaders of the world for no reason or so he can continue to campaingn; fundraise or whatever.

Sorry some things just crack me up.

mom_to_travis
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Ewww.  Is he actually on a Nickelodeon show though?  In the article it says he's up for a Kids Choice award but you don't have to be on Nick for that as far as I know.  He sounds like a complete jackass and immature to boot. 

Quoting BoysManDog:

One wonders if Ellerbee and Nickelodeon think it shows "respect for kids" when the star of one their popular CHILDREN'S shows says the following about Ann Romney and Janna Ryan? 

Good for Romney for not giving time to this so-called children's organization that links directly (even after this filth was posted) to this cretin's Twitter account to "promote" their show.  Yes, it IS telling that Romney did not work with Nickelodeon ... Tells me that Romney is a good and decent man.

Wife of Jason Biggs Jokes about Child Rape; Defends Husband's Misogynistic Tweets

From the A-List (Alec Baldwin) to the B-List (Ellen Barkin) to the C minus-List (Rosanne Barr) Hollywood liberals just ooze class. But if you want to find real high-brow discourse, you sometimes have to reach down to the sub-D-list.

That's where you'll find Jason Biggs, who trades in filthy, perverted tweets about Ann Romney and Janna Ryan. And his wife, some-time actress Jenny Mollen, who has no problem with her spouse's self-expression. In fact, Mollen likes to chime in herself, as she did recently, with a tasteful, sophisticated joke about her husband committing statutory rape on 8th grade children.

Biggs's Twitter account is currently being promoted by kid's channel Nickelodeon, and in May Mollen tweeted "My husband is up for a Teen Choice Award which means tons of 8th grader pussy! Please make sure your kids vote!"

Nickelodeon, with a viewership of kids 10 to 17, still has made no comment about the couple's tweets.

According to John Nolte at BigHollywood "Nickelodeon directs your children to [Biggs's] Twitter account filled with sexist talk of bleached assholes, incest (complete with photos), "cock," photos of dildos, and Chick-fil-A trashing."

Recently Biggs tweeted about Paul Ryan, saying, "I bet there's footage somewhere of Paul Ryan jerking off to a close-up photo of his widow's peak. #RNC."

Later Biggs made vile statements about Ryan's wife, Janna. "I'd totes dip a pinky or two in Paul Ryan's wife's bleached asshole ( she obvs bleaches her asshole.) #RNC," Biggs tweeted.

Biggs faced a harsh backlash on Twitter and deleted the offensive tweets, but he and his wife show no remorse for their actions. No doubt Biggs would be fired immediately and ostracized from liberal society if his comments were made about Michelle Obama.

Breitbart.com Editor-in-chief Ben Shapiro noted that Nickelodeon launched an anti-bullying initiative which dealt specifically with cyber bullying.

"The website for that initiative insists, "Bullying doesn't have to happen in person. Sometimes bullies will say hurtful things on the Internet. It's important to also learn about cyberbullying!" Not only that - Nickelodeon encourages you to "Stand up for someone that you see being bullied and tell an adult about the problem," Shapiro wrote.

Shapiro encouraged readers to write to Nickelodeon's West Coast Vice President, asking three key questions:

Do you believe Mr. Biggs' cyber-bullying of conservative women compromises your company's anti-bullying efforts?  http://www.nick.com/thebighelp/anti-bullying

-Do you believe Jason Biggs' misogynist tweets about conservative women will alienate families who watch your programming?

-If Jason Biggs had tweeted about Michelle Obama's anus, would he be able to keep his job with you?

So far there's only silence from the left, driving home the point that liberals will never hold their kind accountable.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/lauren-thompson/2012/09/04/wife-jason-biggs-jokes-about-child-rape-defends-husband-s-misogynis

AND MORE

American Idiot 2: Jason Biggs knocks Christians; targets Ann Romney and Janna Ryan with vile tweets

Looks like Jason Biggs is still defiling that pie … if by “pie” you mean “contract with Nickelodeon.”

Yesterday Twitchy reported that the “American Pie” actor tweeted about sexually assaulting Paul Ryan’s wife. We know … shocking from an actor who made a name for himself by humping a pie.

But Pig Biggs wasn’t done tweeting misogynist filth about political wives. After a disgusting tweet about Ann Romney’s body, he targeted Janna Ryan again by retweeting his wife, Jenny Mollen.

Revolting. Where is the Hollywood Left as one of their own tweets sexually degrading remarks about Mrs. Romney and Mrs. Ryan?

Crickets. As usual. Not surprising from a crowd that loves to rub elbows with the likes of Roman Polanski.

Biggs also got in a dig at Christians.

How’s that for liberal tolerance? Gosh, he’s so much Smarter Than You, isn’t he?

mom_to_travis
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Do you have any sources that prove this is really happening?  I honestly don't know.  But just because he wants to sign an order banning it doesn't necessarily mean that it's actually happening now.  And good luck policing that anyway.

Quoting BradleysMom119:

Why should we be paying for abortions in other countries? Makes no sense to me!

Quoting mom_to_travis:

Are you sure?  romney just said that he has no plans to restrict abortion.  Still want to vote for him?   A vote for him sounds like a vote for a woman's right to choose. 

OR, maybe you think that he's lying about his stance on abortion.  In which case you are okay with voting for a liar.  Which is it?

CUYAHOGA FALLS, Ohio – Mitt Romney continued his shift to the center Tuesday, saying he wouldn’t pursue any abortion legislation if he wins the presidency.

“There’s no legislation with regards to abortion that I’m familiar with that would become part of my agenda,” Mr. Romney told The Des Moines Register’s editorial boardTuesday as he sought its endorsement.

Mr. Romney, who is opposed to abortion with certain exceptions, promised other moves to limit abortions. Before traveling to Ohio, he told the Iowa newspaper he would sign an executive order to ban U.S. foreign aid money from being used for abortions.

The GOP candidate has previously vowed to eliminate federal funds for Planned Parenthood clinics. And he said, if elected, he would appoint Supreme Court judges who oppose Roe v. Wade.

Mr. Romney has been trying to strike a more moderate tone on a host of issues from health care to immigration in an attempt to woo undecided voters.

High on the list of demographics he’s struggled with: Female voters, many of whom have cited his stance on women’s issues as a reason for their support for President Barack Obama.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/10/09/romney-says-he-wont-pursue-abortion-legislation/

Quoting CityofRosesMama:

. At least Romney has balls enough to stand up for unborn children who can't even say, "STOP KILLING ME!' So, Obama administration can sell baby parts and support killing babies, but they are all for kids. Anyone who fall for this witch's post needs help. And if you are for abortion, you really need to ask yourself why. Did you have an abortion? Do you want someone to tell you it's okay as they sell your baby's heart, hands, and torso to researchers? Obama is a socialist Hitler. I am voting for Romney.  You women who talk about "women's rights", what about the little, baby girl who screams inside her mother while her body is torn to pieces. You need to get your head on straight.

mom_to_travis
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:59 AM
2 moms liked this

Are you capable of looking beyond yourself?  Just because your kids don't watch PBS doesn't mean that it isn't a valuable resource for other children, and adults as well because as I've said before PBS is much more than Sesame Street/children's programming.  Your kids are lucky to have a mom who is able and willing to sit and read with them, buy them workbooks, take them to the library and educate them.  Do you grasp that not every child is so lucky?  Some of their parents can't afford books or workbooks.  Some can't get to the library to borrow books because of lack of transportation  or needing to be at work.  Some parents can't read themselves.  And yes, some parents don't care if thier kids get an education.  For some kids less fortunate than your own, maybe PBS programming is all they have in the way of early childhood education.  If they want it they should pay for it?  Well THEY CAN'T.  I do not understand the lack of concern for these children.  I do not understand why we have to cut the very small amount we give to PBS when it does so much good.  I think there are other places we could make an equivalent cut that would hurt less. 

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting mom_to_travis:

Not really. And 6AM? My 6 year old walked up and asked me yesterday who "this bird" is in a picture she saw on the net while trying to go to a tutorial website while at the public library. I laughed and said. that is Big Bird. I can fully look my kids in the eyes and tell them Bert and Ernie are no more, even though that would never happen, it wouldn't make a difference to them because I CHOOSE to educate my children. Not sit them in front of the boob tube. I read to them, buy them work books, and take them to the library. You want big bird? Ok. Donate, or hush. Even if the entitlement was taken away they would be fine. Have you ever seen the movie "Dave" with Kevin Kline? A normal individual gets put in the position to be president. When he realizes it is all a scam, he decided to use his position and calls in other normal minded friends to cut the budget. They find a way to cut the budget, without cutting vital programs and balance it. YES. IT IS A MOVIE! NO doubt, but the premise makes sense, and that is what Mitt was talking about. Cut non essentials. Sesame Street is not an essential and every little bit counts. If people think any TV is essential, they have much larger issues. ;-)

BoysManDog
by New Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Yes, he "stars" in Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles on Nickleodeon, who -- even after this incident -- relinked to his Twitter accoun to promote the show.

There is absolutely no wondering why Romney did not want to give these people any credence. 

Quoting mom_to_travis:

Ewww.  Is he actually on a Nickelodeon show though?  In the article it says he's up for a Kids Choice award but you don't have to be on Nick for that as far as I know.  He sounds like a complete jackass and immature to boot. 

BoysManDog
by New Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Days after taking office, Obama issued a memo overturning the "Mexico City" policy preventing U.S. foreign aid from going to groups that use non-U.S. aid to perform abortions.   

This rule was enacted by Reagan and was in force from 1985 to 1993 when Clinton rescinded it.  GWB then reinstated it.  Obama, again, got rid of it on 23 January 2009, and Romney will put it back in force. 

Quoting mom_to_travis:

Do you have any sources that prove this is really happening?  I honestly don't know.  But just because he wants to sign an order banning it doesn't necessarily mean that it's actually happening now.  And good luck policing that anyway.

Quoting BradleysMom119:

Why should we be paying for abortions in other countries? Makes no sense to me!

Quoting mom_to_travis:

Mr. Romney, who is opposed to abortion with certain exceptions, promised other moves to limit abortions. Before traveling to Ohio, he told the Iowa newspaper he would sign an executive order to ban U.S. foreign aid money from being used for abortions.

CABZS
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:29 AM

So bc I don't feel PBS needs to be funded or is needed for education that means I look down on families?  Ok. 

And bc I know PBS gets most money from PRIVATE donations & will remain even w/o government funding means I am a know it all?  Ok.

Nobody should rely on TV to teach their children, don't like how I think oh well.  I grew up VERY poor & TV was not relied on to teach us.  There are free pre-schools, free books, free many things for education.

And when did it become the governments job to parent us & our children?  It is not.

And again for those households you speak of that won't have cable, PBS is NOT going anywhere!  Why can't you seem to grasp that?

Being poor doesn't mean you don't learn how to read, way to assume things about poor people.

Again, it is not the governments job to be our parents or parents to our kids.

Do you donate to PBS?  If not then you really have no room to talk, can't bitch about the government not funding something you aren't giving to.

The money saved can be put to better use, like schools in those very poor areas you are talking about.  Better educational programs.

So you know if that means I am not compassionate, or I'm cold fine.

The money needs to go to something else, obviously PBS isn't really having that great of an impact on our youth anyway.

It is not the governments job to teach us, our children, raise us or our children, they are not our parents & this country needs to stop relying on the government so much.  Look out I'm cold & callus.

Why would you not want the money to go to something more?  And what happens when the money runs out & NOTHING can be funded?  Bc eventually that will happen.  Cuts need to be made, at least cutting funding for this doesn't mean it will end it.

Quoting mom_to_travis:

You go right ahead and keep looking down your nose at families who watch PBS and want it to stay funded.  That comes across as SUPER compassionate.  You have a very know-it-all attitude.  No one could possibly be right except you, right?  Did you every stop and think that maybe the people that--in your words--rely on TV to educate their children do not have any other resources to do so?  Not everyone can afford to buy books or workbooks.  For some, even getting to a library to borrow books is difficult due to lack of transportation, having to work, etc.  And yes, there are parents who don't care if their kids get any early childhood education, and in those households the likelihood is high that they may not have cable so the only kid's programming on TV is on PBS and you can bet those kids watch it.  Defunding PBS would not cause it to go under entirely, no.  But it would likely cause stations in the poorest areas to not operate.  Oh well!  Too bad for those poor kids!  I guess they'll just have to teach themselves to read!

Quoting CABZS:

And what exactly is excellent?

The fact that she is still assuming why Romney didn't do this?

The fact that PBS will suvive w/o government money?  The fact that the few million dollars that will be saved can go somewhere that it is actually needed? You know like schools?

People shouldn't be relying on TV to educate their children.

I have not posted any information that is untrue, so she makes no sense there.

I am not cold or uncompassionate.  I just know that cuts need to be made, we need to be smarter in our spending & this is something that we don't need to spend money on.  I would at least like our great grandchildren to be able to afford this country, yup that makes me cold.

And I will be able to look my children in the eye, they didn't watch PBS & yet knew who Big Bird & his friends were/are.  My children are old enough that when you need to save money you need to make unpleasant cuts.   Imagine that, smart kids w/o the use of PBS:)

Oh & where did I say a child's opinion doesn't matter?  My 13yr old is following politics, we talk about politics.  But a president talking to him or not talking to him is not going to sway me.

Oh & name calling, yeah that is real good.  Only people who have nothing resort to name calling.

So yeah I don't find her reply excellent at all, I find it rather funny.  Name calling & a bunch of assumptions; always good for a laugh:)

Quoting mom_to_travis:

Excellent post!!

Quoting 6AM:

There is so much wrong with what you are implying that I do not know where to start. First of all jumping to conclusions implies no bases which obviously there is. The connection being that why would he campaign to eliminate funding of a network dedicated to educational programing and then go on a children's educational program. Secondly  yes they are children and despite what you think and that they can not vote they do have voices that should be heard and addressed by those in power. Thirdly  it is not just funding tv it is funding educational tv that is geared towards children. These programs make life a little better for everyone by teaching the next generation about diversity, acceptance, self respect, shapes, numbers, apathy, sharing, colours and the alphabet. Yes they do get most of their funding through donations  so when it comes down to it why the hell can't we give what small percentage of government funding it actually is to programing that actually cares how our children grow and what they learn? I bet you there are a few anchors at fox news taking some under the table funds as it is so why not give to those putting real information out there. I know I won't change your mind and I honestly do not intend to. I have responded for one reason and that is so some one who has not made up their mind yet does not read your misinformed uncompassionate cold opinion and takes it for something of value. I will not be giving you my attention again. I suggest you go look your child in the eye and tell him or her that Ernie and Bert are no more and you support it, and that her or his opinion does not matter until they can vote. Idiot!

Quoting CABZS:

If they were high school kids maybe, but I don't believe they are.

And if you are talking about cutting funding for PBS, I don't see the big deal in that.  Most of the funding comes from private donations & I don't feel the government needs to be funding TV.

And yeah still jumping to conclusions.

Quoting 6AM:

Considering Mitt's stance on the children's television network which has been supported by  nickelodeon for years I would hardly call it jumping to conclusions. He should be very concerned what the younger generation thinks.

Quoting CABZS:

Obama is great at PR, that hasn't changed.  But answering questions to kids doesn't make me like him & won't make me vote for him.

Romney answering questions for kids won't make me vote for him either.

Funny nobody cares why Romney said no, just jumping to conclusions.

But it is ok for Obama to say no to other leaders of the world for no reason or so he can continue to campaingn; fundraise or whatever.

Sorry some things just crack me up.

mom_to_travis
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Oh okay thanks.  That's an animated show so he seems pretty expendable.  I wouldn't be surprised if after the initial shows that are already done they don't find someone new to replace him. 

Quoting BoysManDog:

Yes, he "stars" in Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles on Nickleodeon, who -- even after this incident -- relinked to his Twitter accoun to promote the show.

There is absolutely no wondering why Romney did not want to give these people any credence. 

Quoting mom_to_travis:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)