Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Mitt Romney refuses to take questions from children on ‘Kids Pick the President’, Obama participated

Posted by   + Show Post

Mitt Romney refuses to take questions from children on ‘Kids Pick the President’, Obama participated

October 8, 2012

Nickelodeon states that Mitt Romney opted out of the chance to take part in a “Kids Pick the President” special that includes his President Obama. The  TV channel for children said Monday that the Republican Presidential candidate declined to be involved in the special, while President Obama participated, the AP reports.

Videotaped questions are included in the program for the candidates from children across America. Afterward, viewers can vote for their pick for president.

The show’s host and producer Linda Ellerbee said that candidates show “respect for kids” by answering their questions and called Romney’s decision disappointing. This isn’t the first time Romney has shunned questions, but it is from children.  I’m going to wager a guess – the disrespect shown, will cost Romney votes with children today for their pick. Perhaps children have more common sense than adults, considering the the number of Romney supporters — some of which did not care for him only months ago. There is something wrong with a politician who cannot take children’s questions, yet feels he can lead the most powerful country on Earth.

The Romney campaign did not immediately respond to phone and email requests for comment.

In the Nickelodeon special, Obama is asked about issues including jobs, immigration and bullying.

It will air on Oct. 15, with no answers from Mitt Romney.

http://freakoutnation.com/2012/10/08/mitt-romney-refuses-to-take-questions-from-children-on-kids-pick-the-president-obama-participated/

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Replies (31-40):
mommymandy06
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:45 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting CABZS:

Obama is great at PR, that hasn't changed.  But answering questions to kids doesn't make me like him & won't make me vote for him.

Romney answering questions for kids won't make me vote for him either.

Funny nobody cares why Romney said no, just jumping to conclusions.

But it is ok for Obama to say no to other leaders of the world for no reason or so he can continue to campaingn; fundraise or whatever.

Sorry some things just crack me up.

Thank you!!! He cares more about campaigning then taking care of this country! Sorry but Obama has alway been more shady then Obama! All mitt mention when he talked about the 47 percent was he knows that those people will vote for Obama cause they want to keep tat government check comming! He wants to focus attention on people who really want to work and get this country back on track to a free market instead of government funded and dependency! Duh???
Trollslayer
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Speaks to his character IMO

Yes it does....

Trollslayer
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Quoting Aslen:

And Romney pissed off every single country he visitis. He pissed off the UK, pissed off Isreal,pissed off Poland... and YOU think he can't build relations with these people?? NOT EVEN CLOSE

Quoting CABZS:

It is our President's job to meet w/World Leaders, to build relations with them.

According to a few & according to a few in Obama's party he has failed at this.

Nobody ever said he had to make every meeting, but should be doing more than what he has done.

Golfing & fundraising are not reasons to turn down meetings.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

We have a Secretary of State for a reason. World leaders meeting and having dinners is more about show than anything else. Until the President can clone himself 6 times over, people are always going to complain he's not doing what they think he should he doing. If he made every meeting with foreign leaders people would say he needs to focus more on domestic issues. Its a no-win.

Bingo!

CABZS
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Bing what?

Go back & read my reply back to Aslen.

And if you think Obama hasn't pissed off these countries you are wrong.

Quoting Trollslayer:

Quoting Aslen:

And Romney pissed off every single country he visitis. He pissed off the UK, pissed off Isreal,pissed off Poland... and YOU think he can't build relations with these people?? NOT EVEN CLOSE

Quoting CABZS:

It is our President's job to meet w/World Leaders, to build relations with them.

Nobody ever said he had to make every meeting, but should be doing more than what he has done.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

We have a Secretary of State for a reason. World leaders meeting and having dinners is more about show than anything else. Until the President can clone himself 6 times over, people are always going to complain he's not doing what they think he should he doing. If he made every meeting with foreign leaders people would say he needs to focus more on domestic issues. Its a no-win.

Bingo!

Trollslayer
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Quoting CABZS:

Bing what?

Quoting Trollslayer:

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting CABZS:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Bingo!

And Romney pissed off every single country he visitis. He pissed off the UK, pissed off Isreal,pissed off Poland...

and it is bingo, not bing....

Apollos82
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

This. Exactly this! 

I would rather my president took time to meet with world leaders, rather than to chat with children. 

Quoting CABZS:

Obama is great at PR, that hasn't changed.  But answering questions to kids doesn't make me like him & won't make me vote for him.

Romney answering questions for kids won't make me vote for him either.

Funny nobody cares why Romney said no, just jumping to conclusions.

But it is ok for Obama to say no to other leaders of the world for no reason or so he can continue to campaingn; fundraise or whatever.

Sorry some things just crack me up.

mom2jessnky
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

One of my favorite quotes of all time.

Quoting IQuitCounting:

CABZS
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

No crap it is bingo, smart people could figure out that is what I meant to type. Some buttons stick, sue me for not realizing that it happened.  Grammar corrections normally happen when people have nothing else.

Now I will repeat myself: from what I know he didn't piss of Poland; especially since I am from there & have family there.  He was greeted w/many Ron Paul supporters & was endorsed by some in Poland.  Now Obama has upset quite a few in Poland.  Or do you overlook that fact?

Israel, I believe it was Palestinian's he pissed off.  And again are you overlooking the fact that many in Israel are not happy with Obama? 

And w/Britian well yeah he upset them w/his comments which weren't even that awful prior to the Olympics.

But if you are going to talk about who Romney pisses off you should look at Obama as well.  There is a reason why quite a few leaders & quite a few in his own party feel he has failed at building relationships or fixing relationships with other leaders.

Quoting Trollslayer:

Quoting CABZS:

Bing what?

Quoting Trollslayer:

Quoting Aslen:

Quoting CABZS:

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Bingo!

And Romney pissed off every single country he visitis. He pissed off the UK, pissed off Isreal,pissed off Poland...

and it is bingo, not bing....

ninastone
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:30 PM
5 moms liked this

Whew. I am so glad CafeMom featured another un-biased political post today. *eyeroll*

LoveOfSign
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:37 PM
4 moms liked this

This isn't bias at all.

If people are smart they'll look at more than "kids pick the president" and big bird, to decide on who to vote for. I don't give a rats ass if he doesn't meet with kids, he has 7 of his own and he's busy running for president, maybe he said no because he has somewhere to be. I think it's a bit pathetic that a lot of these posts are all too busy attacking romney for one thing or another. "He can't take time for KIDS! OMG!"... boohoo.. *rolls eyes* there's NOTHING more important than big bird  and "kids pick the president"--in which case ---OMG How dare romney!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)