Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mitt Romney refuses to take questions from children on ‘Kids Pick the President’, Obama participated

Posted by   + Show Post

Mitt Romney refuses to take questions from children on ‘Kids Pick the President’, Obama participated

October 8, 2012

Nickelodeon states that Mitt Romney opted out of the chance to take part in a “Kids Pick the President” special that includes his President Obama. The  TV channel for children said Monday that the Republican Presidential candidate declined to be involved in the special, while President Obama participated, the AP reports.

Videotaped questions are included in the program for the candidates from children across America. Afterward, viewers can vote for their pick for president.

The show’s host and producer Linda Ellerbee said that candidates show “respect for kids” by answering their questions and called Romney’s decision disappointing. This isn’t the first time Romney has shunned questions, but it is from children.  I’m going to wager a guess – the disrespect shown, will cost Romney votes with children today for their pick. Perhaps children have more common sense than adults, considering the the number of Romney supporters — some of which did not care for him only months ago. There is something wrong with a politician who cannot take children’s questions, yet feels he can lead the most powerful country on Earth.

The Romney campaign did not immediately respond to phone and email requests for comment.

In the Nickelodeon special, Obama is asked about issues including jobs, immigration and bullying.

It will air on Oct. 15, with no answers from Mitt Romney.

http://freakoutnation.com/2012/10/08/mitt-romney-refuses-to-take-questions-from-children-on-kids-pick-the-president-obama-participated/

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Replies (41-50):
BoysManDog
by New Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:59 PM
5 moms liked this

So, Obama WILL take questions from some kids on tv, but he will NOT take questions about the terrorist attacks in Libya that killed four.  Got it. 

wingmom
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Thats because he flip/flops his stance on policies so often to try to win votes that he is afraid the kids will trip him up in yet another lie, which of course they would. I just found out today that Obamacare was once supported by Romney, and his getting universal healthcare in Massachusetts was even the model for Obamas healthcare. Now he wants to wipe it out on his first day in office to suit the republican vote. Guess it was good for Massuchusetts but is bad for the rest of Americans?  Many many Americans who work hard and have no coverage will finally have it (I was one for my whole adult life til I got married.) What a friggin loser with no moral compass. Not someone you want to lead a country.

GBaby
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Mo-Romney is just like this picture - showing his ass because he is an ass. How much time would it have taken for him to answer a few questions? I guess if you're not a big fundraiser or one of his cronies, he can't be bothered. Yep, just as I thought. He can't take time for the little people.

raegan1221
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Couldn't agree with you more.

Quoting CABZS:

Obama is great at PR, that hasn't changed.  But answering questions to kids doesn't make me like him & won't make me vote for him.

Romney answering questions for kids won't make me vote for him either.

Funny nobody cares why Romney said no, just jumping to conclusions.

But it is ok for Obama to say no to other leaders of the world for no reason or so he can continue to campaingn; fundraise or whatever. (Especially this)

Sorry some things just crack me up.

Faith, Hope & Love "I Will Have Faith in YOU, Hope For YOU To Come Home To Me & Love YOU More Every Day".
LuLuThatsWho
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:14 PM
5 moms liked this

Yeah... Obama is definitely the one who is an advocate for children.  Just ask the 3,000 unborn children who went into trashcans in this country today.

CABZS
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

So you are upset about his "big fundraisers" yet not upset w/all the big "fundraisers" that Obama has put in front of everything else....like his actual job?

I will never understand why it is ok for Obama but not ok for others.

Quoting GBaby:

Mo-Romney is just like this picture - showing his ass because he is an ass. How much time would it have taken for him to answer a few questions? I guess if you're not a big fundraiser or one of his cronies, he can't be bothered. Yep, just as I thought. He can't take time for the little people.

CABZS
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL, he doesn't want to do away w/Obamacare; he wants to revise it a bit.

Many in this country do not agree w/Obamacare, maybe w/revisions it will be more popular.

And while being the "model" of something doesn't mean it was done the same.

He hasn't flip flopped on this.  I know that and I'm not even voting for the man.

Obama flip flopped on many things, did many things during his presidency that he said he wouldn't.  Is that ok w/you?

I love political posts, they always give me a chuckle.  Throw a fit about one but not about the other.

Quoting wingmom:

Thats because he flip/flops his stance on policies so often to try to win votes that he is afraid the kids will trip him up in yet another lie, which of course they would. I just found out today that Obamacare was once supported by Romney, and his getting universal healthcare in Massachusetts was even the model for Obamas healthcare. Now he wants to wipe it out on his first day in office to suit the republican vote. Guess it was good for Massuchusetts but is bad for the rest of Americans?  Many many Americans who work hard and have no coverage will finally have it (I was one for my whole adult life til I got married.) What a friggin loser with no moral compass. Not someone you want to lead a country.

mom_to_travis
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Excellent point.  Also, if the president doesn't meet with a particular world leader at a particular time, perhaps --just maybe-- there's a reason for that which you (general you) aren't privy to.  Just a thought.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

We have a Secretary of State for a reason. World leaders meeting and having dinners is more about show than anything else. Until the President can clone himself 6 times over, people are always going to complain he's not doing what they think he should he doing. If he made every meeting with foreign leaders people would say he needs to focus more on domestic issues. Its a no-win.

Quoting CABZS:

But the President needs to deal w/adults; not children.

How he talks to children does nothing for me.  And doing this appearance doesn't show me either candidate cares about education.

I care more about other things, like the fact that nobody gives a crap all the times Obama said no to other world leaders.  Why isn't that a big deal yet Romney saying no to kids is?

Quoting quickbooksworm:

I think it shows where his priorities are. Candidates go to these things to prove to the parents, who are the ones voting, that they care about educating and involving the next generation. How an adult speaks to children says more about them than how they speak to another adult.

JenieceMojica
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:31 PM
2 moms liked this

i'm sorry but that went to far

Quoting LuLuThatsWho:

Yeah... Obama is definitely the one who is an advocate for children.  Just ask the 3,000 unborn children who went into trashcans in this country today.

Follow my new blog:: http://thecouponmommy.blogspot.com/

mom_to_travis
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I agree, I think it really does say a lot when you can manage to offend that many people on what amounts to a "Hi, how ya doin'?" type of tour.  Doesn't make me too optimistic about his abilities should he become president.

Quoting Aslen:

And Romney pissed off every single country he visitis. He pissed off the UK, pissed off Isreal,pissed off Poland... and YOU think he can't build relations with these people?? NOT EVEN CLOSE

Quoting CABZS:

It is our President's job to meet w/World Leaders, to build relations with them.

According to a few & according to a few in Obama's party he has failed at this.

Nobody ever said he had to make every meeting, but should be doing more than what he has done.

Golfing & fundraising are not reasons to turn down meetings.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

We have a Secretary of State for a reason. World leaders meeting and having dinners is more about show than anything else. Until the President can clone himself 6 times over, people are always going to complain he's not doing what they think he should he doing. If he made every meeting with foreign leaders people would say he needs to focus more on domestic issues. Its a no-win.

Quoting CABZS:

But the President needs to deal w/adults; not children.

How he talks to children does nothing for me.  And doing this appearance doesn't show me either candidate cares about education.

I care more about other things, like the fact that nobody gives a crap all the times Obama said no to other world leaders.  Why isn't that a big deal yet Romney saying no to kids is?

Quoting quickbooksworm:

I think it shows where his priorities are. Candidates go to these things to prove to the parents, who are the ones voting, that they care about educating and involving the next generation. How an adult speaks to children says more about them than how they speak to another adult.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)