Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Mitt Romney refuses to take questions from children on ‘Kids Pick the President’, Obama participated

Posted by   + Show Post

Mitt Romney refuses to take questions from children on ‘Kids Pick the President’, Obama participated

October 8, 2012

Nickelodeon states that Mitt Romney opted out of the chance to take part in a “Kids Pick the President” special that includes his President Obama. The  TV channel for children said Monday that the Republican Presidential candidate declined to be involved in the special, while President Obama participated, the AP reports.

Videotaped questions are included in the program for the candidates from children across America. Afterward, viewers can vote for their pick for president.

The show’s host and producer Linda Ellerbee said that candidates show “respect for kids” by answering their questions and called Romney’s decision disappointing. This isn’t the first time Romney has shunned questions, but it is from children.  I’m going to wager a guess – the disrespect shown, will cost Romney votes with children today for their pick. Perhaps children have more common sense than adults, considering the the number of Romney supporters — some of which did not care for him only months ago. There is something wrong with a politician who cannot take children’s questions, yet feels he can lead the most powerful country on Earth.

The Romney campaign did not immediately respond to phone and email requests for comment.

In the Nickelodeon special, Obama is asked about issues including jobs, immigration and bullying.

It will air on Oct. 15, with no answers from Mitt Romney.

http://freakoutnation.com/2012/10/08/mitt-romney-refuses-to-take-questions-from-children-on-kids-pick-the-president-obama-participated/

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Replies (51-60):
mom_to_travis
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Awesome.

Quoting IQuitCounting:

mom_to_travis
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:00 PM

First of all, that picture is hilarious.  :-)

I won't hold it against romney that he didn't participate in this for whatever reason.  I don't think it was a great move on his part, though.  How long could it possibly take to do this?  And it really didn't help his already shaky image to decline it.  First you dis the 47%, then you dis Big Bird and now you dis Nickelodeon?   This is even election related!  It just seems obvious that no good would come from refusing to do this.  Does the man not have any intelligent advisors to help him figure this stuff out?

Did anyone catch "The Choice 2012" on PBS last night?  It's a documentary about Obama and Romey, pretty interesting.  One of the things a past associate of romney said was that he struggles with relating to things on a personal level.  He sees everything as a business process.  So the first thing I thought when I read this story was that it made probably made perfect sense to him to not do it.  Because kids can't vote, so they can't help him, so why expend time or energy to do something that cannot directly help him become president.  It's very similar to his dismissal of the 47%. 

Interesting, no?

BRQ07
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:12 PM
i agree

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Speaks to his character IMO

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuLuThatsWho
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:16 PM
4 moms liked this

Because it is the uncomfortable truth?  What do you think happens to those babies who are deemed less important than the women who made them?  It is absolutely ludicrous to position Obama as the pro-children candidate.

Quoting JenieceMojica:

i'm sorry but that went to far

Quoting LuLuThatsWho:

Yeah... Obama is definitely the one who is an advocate for children.  Just ask the 3,000 unborn children who went into trashcans in this country today.

BeAmour
by New Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Just another PR stunt to make him look more and more like an ass.

I'm not voting for either douche though.

JenieceMojica
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

i understand that this may be a reality but at least have the good grace and decorum to pick your words better. keep in mind that we are all others and it may offend someone else

Quoting LuLuThatsWho:

Because it is the uncomfortable truth?  What do you think happens to those babies who are deemed less important than the women who made them?  It is absolutely ludicrous to position Obama as the pro-children candidate.

Quoting JenieceMojica:

Quoting LuLuThatsWho:

Yeah... Obama is definitely the one who is an advocate for children.  Just ask the 3,000 unborn children who went into trashcans in this country today.

Follow my new blog:: http://thecouponmommy.blogspot.com/

LuLuThatsWho
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

The truth hurts, and tip-toeing around it doesn't make it go away.

You know what offends me as a mother?  Other mothers thinking that they have the right to choose if their children live or die.  Try to stop all of the talk about that to spare my feelings.

Quoting JenieceMojica:

i understand that this may be a reality but at least have the good grace and decorum to pick your words better. keep in mind that we are all others and it may offend someone else

Quoting LuLuThatsWho:

Quoting JenieceMojica:

Quoting LuLuThatsWho:

JenieceMojica
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:49 PM

and i agree. I personlly could never even think about terminating a pregnancy :0( its really sad

Quoting LuLuThatsWho:

The truth hurts, and tip-toeing around it doesn't make it go away.

You know what offends me as a mother?  Other mothers thinking that they have the right to choose if their children live or die.  Try to stop all of the talk about that to spare my feelings.

Quoting JenieceMojica:

Quoting LuLuThatsWho:

Quoting JenieceMojica:

Quoting LuLuThatsWho:

Follow my new blog:: http://thecouponmommy.blogspot.com/

MamaJAG
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM
3 moms liked this

I am not basing my vote on whether someone decided to answer kids' questions or not.  I am also not voting FOR someone this year, but rather AGAINST someone. SO sad.

wingmom
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting CABZS:

LOL, he doesn't want to do away w/Obamacare; he wants to revise it a bit.

Actually the only reason I say that he wants to get rid of it his first day in office is because I saw him say it with his own words. Not that that means anything to him anyway. There are probably five different quotes of him saying he will cut it, revise it, dilute it, armwrestle it, whatever. What he says has no meaning to me because his stance changes faster than his underwear.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN