Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Mitt Romney refuses to take questions from children on ‘Kids Pick the President’, Obama participated

Posted by   + Show Post

Mitt Romney refuses to take questions from children on ‘Kids Pick the President’, Obama participated

October 8, 2012

Nickelodeon states that Mitt Romney opted out of the chance to take part in a “Kids Pick the President” special that includes his President Obama. The  TV channel for children said Monday that the Republican Presidential candidate declined to be involved in the special, while President Obama participated, the AP reports.

Videotaped questions are included in the program for the candidates from children across America. Afterward, viewers can vote for their pick for president.

The show’s host and producer Linda Ellerbee said that candidates show “respect for kids” by answering their questions and called Romney’s decision disappointing. This isn’t the first time Romney has shunned questions, but it is from children.  I’m going to wager a guess – the disrespect shown, will cost Romney votes with children today for their pick. Perhaps children have more common sense than adults, considering the the number of Romney supporters — some of which did not care for him only months ago. There is something wrong with a politician who cannot take children’s questions, yet feels he can lead the most powerful country on Earth.

The Romney campaign did not immediately respond to phone and email requests for comment.

In the Nickelodeon special, Obama is asked about issues including jobs, immigration and bullying.

It will air on Oct. 15, with no answers from Mitt Romney.

http://freakoutnation.com/2012/10/08/mitt-romney-refuses-to-take-questions-from-children-on-kids-pick-the-president-obama-participated/

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Replies (71-80):
CABZS
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Quoting wingmom:

Quoting CABZS:

LOL, he doesn't want to do away w/Obamacare; he wants to revise it a bit.

Actually the only reason I say that he wants to get rid of it his first day in office is because I saw him say it with his own words. Not that that means anything to him anyway. There are probably five different quotes of him saying he will cut it, revise it, dilute it, armwrestle it, whatever. What he says has no meaning to me because his stance changes faster than his underwear.

LOL Obama flip flops & did so much of it during last election.

But anyway, when it comes to Obamacare I don't think Romney has flip flopped on it.  He has always said in one way or another that he would "fix" it.

tangerine6392
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:55 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting mommymandy06:

47% are not on welfare. Every news source has pointed that out. We don't pay income taxes, and we don't collect any form of government assistance. My husband is in the military and we simply don't make enough to have taxes taken. Also, those serving overseas do not have their income taxed. These people are part of the 47% that "can't take responsibility for their lives", says the man whose never served.

Get your facts straight.
emj27
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Kids have the right to decide who they would like but however they don't have the right to the vote. So in this case I don't care why Romney didn't show up or didn't. It's just a petty thing. How come everything I see is Obama did this but Romney didn't. My opinion this is about who will care more about the economy and job creation. It's stupid to constantly nit pick over little things when there is so many major problems in the elections that needs to be addressed.

6AM
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:01 PM
2 moms liked this

There is so much wrong with what you are implying that I do not know where to start. First of all jumping to conclusions implies no bases which obviously there is. The connection being that why would he campaign to eliminate funding of a network dedicated to educational programing and then go on a children's educational program. Secondly  yes they are children and despite what you think and that they can not vote they do have voices that should be heard and addressed by those in power. Thirdly  it is not just funding tv it is funding educational tv that is geared towards children. These programs make life a little better for everyone by teaching the next generation about diversity, acceptance, self respect, shapes, numbers, apathy, sharing, colours and the alphabet. Yes they do get most of their funding through donations  so when it comes down to it why the hell can't we give what small percentage of government funding it actually is to programing that actually cares how our children grow and what they learn? I bet you there are a few anchors at fox news taking some under the table funds as it is so why not give to those putting real information out there. I know I won't change your mind and I honestly do not intend to. I have responded for one reason and that is so some one who has not made up their mind yet does not read your misinformed uncompassionate cold opinion and takes it for something of value. I will not be giving you my attention again. I suggest you go look your child in the eye and tell him or her that Ernie and Bert are no more and you support it, and that her or his opinion does not matter until they can vote. Idiot!

Quoting CABZS:

If they were high school kids maybe, but I don't believe they are.

And if you are talking about cutting funding for PBS, I don't see the big deal in that.  Most of the funding comes from private donations & I don't feel the government needs to be funding TV.

And yeah still jumping to conclusions.

Quoting 6AM:

Considering Mitt's stance on the children's television network which has been supported by  nickelodeon for years I would hardly call it jumping to conclusions. He should be very concerned what the younger generation thinks.

Quoting CABZS:

Obama is great at PR, that hasn't changed.  But answering questions to kids doesn't make me like him & won't make me vote for him.

Romney answering questions for kids won't make me vote for him either.

Funny nobody cares why Romney said no, just jumping to conclusions.

But it is ok for Obama to say no to other leaders of the world for no reason or so he can continue to campaingn; fundraise or whatever.

Sorry some things just crack me up.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:02 PM
This. I actually didn't vote for Obama last time around but I WILL be this time.

Quoting ClemFamily:

That's why Romney will lose I think...his shadiness and "47 percent" mess up. He has a lot of catching up to do when it comes to social issues; in my opinion at least. He also is not pro women's rights as much as Obama. I voted Obama last time and I will again.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tangerine6392
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting LuLuThatsWho:

Yeah... Obama is definitely the one who is an advocate for children.  Just ask the 3,000 unborn children who went into trashcans in this country today.

You really should do some research on what happened when abortion was banned in the US last time. Women had back alley abortions. Abortions will happen no matter what, but it's much safer to have it done by a trained medical professional. If you don't want people to have abortions, then easily accessible, free/low cost birth control and emergency contraception, along with sex education, are your best bet. Oh wait, that'll be much harder to have under Mitt Romney, considering he's against all of that.
singlemama0905
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:11 PM
2 moms liked this
What I dont get is how sooo many people are turning around saying that answering the kids questions doesnt really mean anything - I beg to.differ on that COMPLETELY! If our president can't reach out to kids, answer questions, help educate, give them a chance to get a very hands on involved introduction to politics amd candidates, what are we teaching them? Growing up all I ever heard was how "the kids now are our future, we need to raise them right, they need to be informed and involved" Whats happened to that? Our kids NEED to be involved in learning about politics and the world today, have the opportunity to see our president at work and communicating, helping to build our country's future. IMO Romney failed in a HUGE way by pushing the kids aside like they dont matter...remember, its them thats going to be left to hopefully clean up the mess of our generation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I don't think his campaign is all about cutting funding for PBS. That is one place he is cutting funding, an example.  Difference between that and campaigning about it.

Despite what I think? I never said kids didn't have voices, but talking to kids isn't going to sway me to vote for someone.

My kids never watched PBS, it is not a necessity for education.  They also do not *need* government funding.  That money could go to where it is really needed; like actual schools for starters.

Why can't we give a small percentage, bc we are broke & they do not need it!

I have not provided any misinformation, thanks though.  And I am far from uncompassionate & cold.   This article doesn't have proper information, pretty much bc nobody provides all information anymore & the media isn't unbiased anymore.

LMAO go look at my children that Ernie & Bert are no more & I support it, so ridiculous.  First off not a reason to not vote for someone especially since Big Bird & his friends will still be there even w/o the funding!  My kids are also smart enough to know that the money can be put to more useful things. Also, like I said, my kids never watched PBS yet knew who these characters were.

Now you can stop assuming who I am voting for, go read my other replies.

Quoting 6AM:

There is so much wrong with what you are implying that I do not know where to start. First of all jumping to conclusions implies no bases which obviously there is. The connection being that why would he campaign to eliminate funding of a network dedicated to educational programing and then go on a children's educational program. Secondly  yes they are children and despite what you think and that they can not vote they do have voices that should be heard and addressed by those in power. Thirdly  it is not just funding tv it is funding educational tv that is geared towards children. These programs make life a little better for everyone by teaching the next generation about diversity, acceptance, self respect, shapes, numbers, apathy, sharing, colours and the alphabet. Yes they do get most of their funding through donations  so when it comes down to it why the hell can't we give what small percentage of government funding it actually is to programing that actually cares how our children grow and what they learn? I bet you there are a few anchors at fox news taking some under the table funds as it is so why not give to those putting real information out there. I know I won't change your mind and I honestly do not intend to. I have responded for one reason and that is so some one who has not made up their mind yet does not read your misinformed uncompassionate cold opinion and takes it for something of value. I will not be giving you my attention again. I suggest you go look your child in the eye and tell him or her that Ernie and Bert are no more and you support it, and that her or his opinion does not matter until they can vote. Idiot!

Quoting CABZS:

If they were high school kids maybe, but I don't believe they are.

And if you are talking about cutting funding for PBS, I don't see the big deal in that.  Most of the funding comes from private donations & I don't feel the government needs to be funding TV.

And yeah still jumping to conclusions.

Quoting 6AM:

Considering Mitt's stance on the children's television network which has been supported by  nickelodeon for years I would hardly call it jumping to conclusions. He should be very concerned what the younger generation thinks.

Quoting CABZS:

Obama is great at PR, that hasn't changed.  But answering questions to kids doesn't make me like him & won't make me vote for him.

Romney answering questions for kids won't make me vote for him either.

Funny nobody cares why Romney said no, just jumping to conclusions.

But it is ok for Obama to say no to other leaders of the world for no reason or so he can continue to campaingn; fundraise or whatever.

Sorry some things just crack me up.

tangerine6392
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Quoting singlemama0905:

What I dont get is how sooo many people are turning around saying that answering the kids questions doesnt really mean anything - I beg to.differ on that COMPLETELY! If our president can't reach out to kids, answer questions, help educate, give them a chance to get a very hands on involved introduction to politics amd candidates, what are we teaching them? Growing up all I ever heard was how "the kids now are our future, we need to raise them right, they need to be informed and involved" Whats happened to that? Our kids NEED to be involved in learning about politics and the world today, have the opportunity to see our president at work and communicating, helping to build our country's future. IMO Romney failed in a HUGE way by pushing the kids aside like they dont matter...remember, its them thats going to be left to hopefully clean up the mess of our generation.

I agree, but if I was an Independent this wouldn't be a game changer for me. There's more important things to look at. Kids are very important in politics though. My oldest will be starting school at the end of the next term, so the next president will have a huge impact on my child and his education.
MOMJILL
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:18 PM
2 moms liked this

I would have been nice for him to participate, but let's face it, BEING ABLE TO SMILE FOR THE CAMERA AND BE NICE TO KIDS DOES NOT MAKE YOU A GOOD PRESIDENT, why to you think we are in the position we are as a country.  We seem to elect based on what a president looks like and how "cool" he seems.

Honestly Obama does the kids things because he can't answer an adult question.  And the adults are the ones affected by his decisions.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)