Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Mitt Romney refuses to take questions from children on ‘Kids Pick the President’, Obama participated

Posted by   + Show Post

Mitt Romney refuses to take questions from children on ‘Kids Pick the President’, Obama participated

October 8, 2012

Nickelodeon states that Mitt Romney opted out of the chance to take part in a “Kids Pick the President” special that includes his President Obama. The  TV channel for children said Monday that the Republican Presidential candidate declined to be involved in the special, while President Obama participated, the AP reports.

Videotaped questions are included in the program for the candidates from children across America. Afterward, viewers can vote for their pick for president.

The show’s host and producer Linda Ellerbee said that candidates show “respect for kids” by answering their questions and called Romney’s decision disappointing. This isn’t the first time Romney has shunned questions, but it is from children.  I’m going to wager a guess – the disrespect shown, will cost Romney votes with children today for their pick. Perhaps children have more common sense than adults, considering the the number of Romney supporters — some of which did not care for him only months ago. There is something wrong with a politician who cannot take children’s questions, yet feels he can lead the most powerful country on Earth.

The Romney campaign did not immediately respond to phone and email requests for comment.

In the Nickelodeon special, Obama is asked about issues including jobs, immigration and bullying.

It will air on Oct. 15, with no answers from Mitt Romney.

http://freakoutnation.com/2012/10/08/mitt-romney-refuses-to-take-questions-from-children-on-kids-pick-the-president-obama-participated/

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Replies (81-90):
msjonea
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Whats hilarious to me is that people point out that Obama missed meetings but what does that have to do with anything?  As far as I can read he did go ver what the meetings were about, unless any of us were there to know I guess we can't have an opinion.  Whats even funnier is Bush was elected two terms and supposedly went to all his meetings YET 9/11 still happened.  WOW way to go people who always have something neg to say about Obama.  I think its too bad Romney declined yet again we can't make judgment because we don't know his reasoning for it.   However if it was just because he felt like WHATEVER its just kids then yeah thats shady.

VegasCass
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I bet Big Bird had something to do with all of this *rolling eyes*

pinkcoffeecup
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not voting Obama.   I didn't vote Obama the first time round.  Won't vote for him 2nd time round. The country is in such mess because of Obama.   We can't blame Obama's messes on George Bush.  Bush had nothing to do with the mess the country is in.    Another 4 years will make us real bad off.  It's time the baffoon be voted out of office.  I'm voting for Romney. Because I believe he will make this country better.  I don't care who is upset I can't stand Obama.  I can't stand none of the Liberals in office especially Nancy Pelosi.  She is the one who said just vote for Obama Care. Read about it later.   What do kids understand about our goverenment.  Maybe the older kids understand some things.  But the younger ones probably not.  Obama is not a man of his word.   He is a stupid idiot. Who will make this country almost as bad a s some 3rd world countries if he gets another 4 years in office.

AngieC2010
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:18 PM
2 moms liked this
All we have to say is "Bengazi". A movie? Seriously? And Carney said that they didn't say anything about a movie. How does nothing stick to him?! I wish MY mistakes wouldn't affect me at work! I would be fired in a heartbeat! Elect Romney - at least he's a businessman and works to save companies - I don't know if anyone's noticed how the dollar is losing value? I have dreams of burning money like in Russia! If Obama gets another term so help us! I work in healthcare and what's happening in reform is very scary! What about freedoms?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngieC2010
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:22 PM
2 moms liked this
P.S. just look at who Obama will meet with and won't meet with - no to a President of an Ally, but yes to Whoopi? If I want a celebrity he's the one - if I want someone to FIX my situation I will vote for Romney! Go Romney!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaBeezandMe
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:32 PM

WOW!!  What a horrible way to treat the future voters of America don'tcha think??

He should be ashamed of himself!!

arpazia
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Hit the nail right on the head!

Quoting quickbooksworm:

I think it shows where his priorities are. Candidates go to these things to prove to the parents, who are the ones voting, that they care about educating and involving the next generation. How an adult speaks to children says more about them than how they speak to another adult.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arpazia
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:37 PM
I agree:(

Quoting BaBeezandMe:

WOW!!  What a horrible way to treat the future voters of America don'tcha think??

He should be ashamed of himself!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeeKee77
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:41 PM
In the debate Obama mentioned 10 year old text books....
Thing is, schools are now using common core curriculum and teachers aren't allowed to use text books. He has no idea what's going on in schools!
Obama might actually be able to answer kids' questions. Too bad he has no answers to why our country is falling apart.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

I think it shows where his priorities are. Candidates go to these things to prove to the parents, who are the ones voting, that they care about educating and involving the next generation. How an adult speaks to children says more about them than how they speak to another adult.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeeKee77
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Lol!!!
The ladies on the View are much more important than other world leaders. The guy is a pathetic joke and finally people are seeing through him.
One of my third graders actually told me that if Romney is elected he's going to take all the food away from black people! Yes, this is what Obama supporters are telling their children!!

Quoting AngieC2010:

P.S. just look at who Obama will meet with and won't meet with - no to a President of an Ally, but yes to Whoopi? If I want a celebrity he's the one - if I want someone to FIX my situation I will vote for Romney! Go Romney!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)