Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms
Does anyone else here get them? Ugh my mom and grandmother both had them and so do I. :( I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
Fairegirl33
by Melissa on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:31 PM
I've had migraines for many many years.... I will get headaches for weeks at a time every single day all day long....

I take meds daily and as needed when I get real bad migraines... I can't take that one at work cuz it conks me out lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wingmom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Yes I take excedrine during the day, and prescription pain pills or muscle relaxers at night, they dont kill the pain, but they help me sleep all night despite the pain. I used to just suffer through it then be up all night and all the next day taking care of my son. After a couple years of that, I now got script meds and Im so glad I did because I suffered enough.  Though I never tried the preventatives.

Fairegirl33
by Melissa on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:44 PM
The preventatives have made a world of a difference for me....

Quoting wingmom:

Yes I take excedrine during the day, and prescription pain pills or muscle relaxers at night, they dont kill the pain, but they help me sleep all night despite the pain. I used to just suffer through it then be up all night and all the next day taking care of my son. After a couple years of that, I now got script meds and Im so glad I did because I suffered enough.  Though I never tried the preventatives.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyBast
by Brenda on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Yes and so does the hubby they suck!

RLSMOM59
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I have to be careful of any meds I take because I have major allergies. This is the only thing that works for me.

Quoting Fairegirl33:

Caffeine is terrible for migraines sufferers..... Avoid it especially OTC meds with it in there

Quoting RLSMOM59:

I take Midol and drink Pepsi. Works like a charm withing 15 min.

strictmomhere
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:47 PM
I used to they stoped about 4 years ago
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fairegirl33
by Melissa on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:28 AM
Do you see a neurologist??

Quoting RLSMOM59:

I have to be careful of any meds I take because I have major allergies. This is the only thing that works for me.

Quoting Fairegirl33:

Caffeine is terrible for migraines sufferers..... Avoid it especially OTC meds with it in there

Quoting RLSMOM59:

I take Midol and drink Pepsi. Works like a charm withing 15 min.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lukee
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Dr Oz had a discussion about them this past week --suggested some are reactions to certain foods--but many different causes --including hormnes--google dr Oz and migraines and you will see many ideas. I used to have them years ago --lasting for weeks--could barely function--hurt to look at things etc. A wise Dr told me my headaches were stress related and I would continue to have them as long as I was with my first husband--I later did divorce him and guess what --the headaches went away. I still get headaches but nothing like them. Good luck to you gals that are suffering and may you find what causes and what cures them.

wingmom
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I forgot to post in my last reply one other supplement that I take that has helped me ALOT. I did a lot of research and tried a high end magnesium. Now, it has not gotten rid of the migraines, however, I have fewer of them they are a little less intense but the most important part to me is that the magnesium completely got rid of all  another component I got with the migraines, the awful nausea. I now no longer get nauseus with my migraines which is a huge improvement to me. I take 100mg three times a day with meals, and I like the Natural Living brand online, its 1-Natural-Living.com if anyone wants to try it I really do recommend it. I would never want to go without my magnesium now.

nikabear
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:26 PM
I get them alot and it really sucks....most times I just lay in the dark under my covers praying that it will go away. I take the walmart brand migraine meds, one for.tension headaches, feverfew and magnesium and it really works. I try to stay away from caffeine and salty foods. The pain meds that the doctor prescribe knock me out all day so I dont take them.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)