Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone else here get them? Ugh my mom and grandmother both had them and so do I. :( I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Replies (21-25):
by New Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:48 AM

I get them every time the seanson starts to change. I haven't really figured out how to help them go away without heavy meds.

by Shayla on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:26 AM

I have them badly...I have Hemocrania syndrome...the worse comes whenever it wants to...If I eat something wrong, if I get a whiff of the wrong perfurme, eat too much chocolate (which I love)...I get a damn's horrible

by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Sorry for taking so long to answer. I don't see a neurologist. I have had these things since I was about 10 years old. My mother took me to all types of doctors and they could never figure it out. The teachers always said I did it every time I had a test so my mom would send me to school and about 30 minutes in, she would be coming to get me.

I was not until I was much older that we figured out the headaches were migraines and were association with my cycle. After having children and dealing with the migraines, I finally had my gyn tell me about a procedure that should help. I had that done about 5-7 years ago and only get migraines when under extreme stress. I got rid of the husband and bf and I haven't had one since.

The procedure is when the dr burns the inside of your uterus to remove scar tissues and other stuff. It's out patient and I was up and moving the next day.

Quoting Fairegirl33:

Do you see a neurologist??

Quoting RLSMOM59:

I have to be careful of any meds I take because I have major allergies. This is the only thing that works for me.

Quoting Fairegirl33:

Caffeine is terrible for migraines sufferers..... Avoid it especially OTC meds with it in there

Quoting RLSMOM59:

I take Midol and drink Pepsi. Works like a charm withing 15 min.

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:07 AM
yes...i have a constant headache like 24/7 its there lol if i dont keep ibuprofen in me regularly it turns into a migraine. its super sucky and seems every girl in my generation in our family has migraine issues as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by Linnette on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:45 PM
I'm hoping Kyle doesn't get them either.

Quoting mamamedic69:

I do, my brother does and my son does. I am praying that my DD doesn't get them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN