Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms
Does anyone else here get them? Ugh my mom and grandmother both had them and so do I. :( I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Replies (21-25):
starsshine
by New Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:48 AM

I get them every time the seanson starts to change. I haven't really figured out how to help them go away without heavy meds.

Shaybay218
by Shayla on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:26 AM

I have them badly...I have Hemocrania syndrome...the worse ever...it comes whenever it wants to...If I eat something wrong, if I get a whiff of the wrong perfurme, eat too much chocolate (which I love)...I get a damn Migraine...it's horrible

RLSMOM59
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Sorry for taking so long to answer. I don't see a neurologist. I have had these things since I was about 10 years old. My mother took me to all types of doctors and they could never figure it out. The teachers always said I did it every time I had a test so my mom would send me to school and about 30 minutes in, she would be coming to get me.

I was not until I was much older that we figured out the headaches were migraines and were association with my cycle. After having children and dealing with the migraines, I finally had my gyn tell me about a procedure that should help. I had that done about 5-7 years ago and only get migraines when under extreme stress. I got rid of the husband and bf and I haven't had one since.

The procedure is when the dr burns the inside of your uterus to remove scar tissues and other stuff. It's out patient and I was up and moving the next day.

Quoting Fairegirl33:

Do you see a neurologist??

Quoting RLSMOM59:

I have to be careful of any meds I take because I have major allergies. This is the only thing that works for me.

Quoting Fairegirl33:

Caffeine is terrible for migraines sufferers..... Avoid it especially OTC meds with it in there

Quoting RLSMOM59:

I take Midol and drink Pepsi. Works like a charm withing 15 min.

angelgrl5200
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:07 AM
yes...i have a constant headache like 24/7 its there lol if i dont keep ibuprofen in me regularly it turns into a migraine. its super sucky and seems every girl in my generation in our family has migraine issues as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:45 PM
I'm hoping Kyle doesn't get them either.

Quoting mamamedic69:

I do, my brother does and my son does. I am praying that my DD doesn't get them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN