Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Vice Presidential Debate

Posted by   + Show Post

I watched the Vice Presidential debate. I thought it was much more spirited than the Presidential debate. I also thought Vice President Joe Biden was the clear winner. I will be interested to hear what you ladies thought and what the general consensus will be all over the internet.

As I watched the live feed online there were comments constantly streaming alongside. It is amazing to be able to see commentary live while you are actually watching the debate. I don’t know how people type that fast though!

Overall I thought Biden’s experience in foreign affairs showed. He obviously knew what he
was talking about. I did not love his laughing at everything Ryan said though, that seemed a bit smug.

I thought the moderator was great. She maintained control, asked good questions, and required that her questions were answered. Did you like her?

She repeatedly questioned Ryan why he and Romney have refused to show any actual plans, to delineate exactly what cuts they would make and which loopholes would be closed. I wonder why they will not come forth with that, too. How do you feel about that?

On the abortion question, a quote from Twitter: “@dannysullivan Ryan: my faith guides everything. Biden: my faith is strong enough I don't have to impose it on those of other faiths.”

Did you watch the debate? Do you agree or disagree with my assessment? I welcome all thoughts and opinions.

©iStockphoto.com/Geoffrey Holman

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (101-110):
scottiemom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Romney lied 12 times in the first 1/2 hour of the presidential debate. He looked and acted like a street junkie. He was rude. Thank God Joe Biden stood his ground, called out the lies and set things straight.  People need to see past all the lies being said by flip flop Romney and Lying Ryan. If you do your own research about the ponzi schemes Romney and his oldest son are being investigated about and how Ryan and Romney both have made it hard on the middle class and the poor you will get an eye full. The Boston Globe calls Romney's governorship the worst economic record in the country. Romney/Ryans disasterous Budget Cut plan cuts veterans disablility compesation, SSI for the poor elderly and the disabled, cuts food nutrition programs, school lunches and other child nutrition programs. The cuts to unemployment compensation would cause large numbers of households to fall below the poverty line. Many who are already struggling would become poorer. This what Joe Biden was fighting to protect. He wasn't going to be quiet and polite and let lies be told to the American public.american flag ribbon

LeiOKeOla
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Too many unnecessary interruptions,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saerise
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this

These responses are cracking me the hell up. People are so blindly biased one way or the other.

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Quoting sixpack:

No, you have it completely backwards. Obama was a guest at her first wedding a long long time ago. Back in 1991. Her then husband was a fellow classmate of Obama's, and Obama attended the wedding. This would be one thing I thought was not a big deal. She has been divorced and remarried for some time. In addition both candidates were made aware of the fact after someone got a hold of the story and broke it in the press, and both agreed they were fine with it. The only issue is that ABC didn't bother to make this known until after another news organization found out and told everyone. That is shady. They had to of known certain people would scream bias, and that no stone is going to go unturned in this election. They should have just come out with the information, made the facts clear after asking the parties that obviously have no issue with it, and then presented it to the public. Nothing would have come of it if that had been how it was handled.
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:23 AM
Quoting MsDenuninani:

I don't claim to be a math wiz, so I cannot speak to that. However, even though Obama and Biden keep saying it is impossible, there are many studies to show it is possible. I agree though. They should make it clear that they have a baseline plan they intend to take to the floor to get ideas and support from both sides, so that we all benefit from the terms worked out. In my opinion, if that is in fact what they have been saying, I think it's a darn good idea. It makes sense to me to come in to split sides with a base plan, and work with both sides to achieve a goal. It makes less sense to go in with a plan that has little or no room for compromise that is one sided. Not saying only Obama has done it, many have. I just think its time for new ideas.
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:40 AM
Quoting mom2twinboyz:

It really wasn't a conflict of interests. Both parties agreed to have her as the moderator after the facts about her link to Obama were brought to light. When I first heard people making comments about bias, I looked up the truth. Obama did in fact attend her wedding in 1991, because he was a classmate of her husbands at Harvard. She divorced that man in 1997, and remarried. I don't think that attending an arbitrary wedding 20+ years ago makes this an issue. With that said, I do think Biden was out of line. The only time I had a hard time following the Presidential debate was when Obama went off on things that had no flow. In this VP debate, it was verbal basketball, and you honestly couldn't hear or follow most of the statements made when Biden interrupted. I think the moderator should have done a better job making sure both men could finish their comments, not jump to another subject before one was finished, and not interrupted herself. Her job was to moderate, not be a third debater. She appeared to be asking questions that should have been left to the candidates and interjecting when the two men participating should have been the ones to do so. Not her. That is not a moderators job. However, I do not think it had anything to do with the fact Obama attended the wedding of her and her ex husbands. I do think it might have everything to do with how she leans. I could be wrong, but that is my opinion.
Jami134
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Ryan, hands down.  Biden was a buffoon.

Jettsmom2010
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Biden all the way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:09 AM

Actually, Biden answered the questions directly and had better answers. Like he said about keeping the troops there:  train them and get out. Why let more American Soldiers die rather than the other group. If you stay there, they aren't going to try to change anything. 

About Abortion: It's not his place to impose his views on others. 

He gave facts and stats. Ryan was called out for diverting from the questions and was even asked. "Do you have a plan or is this merely talk" ? 

The buffoon was Ryan. Sorry that Biden didn't put up with b.s. 

Quoting Jami134:

Ryan, hands down.  Biden was a buffoon.

GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:10 AM

Quoting Saerise:

These responses are cracking me the hell up. People are so blindly biased one way or the other.

Very true. I think Romney did better in his debate but hands down, I believe Biden did much better than Ryan. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN