Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Vice Presidential Debate

Posted by   + Show Post

I watched the Vice Presidential debate. I thought it was much more spirited than the Presidential debate. I also thought Vice President Joe Biden was the clear winner. I will be interested to hear what you ladies thought and what the general consensus will be all over the internet.

As I watched the live feed online there were comments constantly streaming alongside. It is amazing to be able to see commentary live while you are actually watching the debate. I don’t know how people type that fast though!

Overall I thought Biden’s experience in foreign affairs showed. He obviously knew what he
was talking about. I did not love his laughing at everything Ryan said though, that seemed a bit smug.

I thought the moderator was great. She maintained control, asked good questions, and required that her questions were answered. Did you like her?

She repeatedly questioned Ryan why he and Romney have refused to show any actual plans, to delineate exactly what cuts they would make and which loopholes would be closed. I wonder why they will not come forth with that, too. How do you feel about that?

On the abortion question, a quote from Twitter: “@dannysullivan Ryan: my faith guides everything. Biden: my faith is strong enough I don't have to impose it on those of other faiths.”

Did you watch the debate? Do you agree or disagree with my assessment? I welcome all thoughts and opinions.

©iStockphoto.com/Geoffrey Holman

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
MamaJessx3
by Jess on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:06 AM
5 moms liked this
I agree completely! Biden was rude and disrespectful and it completely turned me off to him! And the moderator was horrible! I don't understand why people think she did good!

Quoting fliptopz4:

I think they needed a better moderator , She had no control of the debate and not only allowed interrupting of one candidate by the other she interrupted several times and would not allow the candidates to finish their statements.

Biden behavior was very childish and embarrassing. Makes me wonder how he behaves when he is conducting business on behalf of the United States.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_to_travis
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM
8 moms liked this

I watched, and I really enjoyed it.  Biden was the clear winner.  He has the experience, he has the knowledge, and he really enjoys debating.  Ryan kept his cool but he dodged to many questions and failed yet again to fill in the blanks with any details and specifics.

I think the reason romney/ryan don't give specifics about their plans is that they either don't know them, or they know that the American people aren't going to like the answers one bit!

I thought the moderator was okay.  Certainly better than Jim Lehrer!

“@dannysullivan Ryan: my faith guides everything. Biden: my faith is strong enough I don't have to impose it on those of other faiths.”

I love that.  My religion is not the same as ryan's.  Why should his relgious beliefs dictate my life?

kathyartist2007
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM
2 moms liked this

I thought it was a good debate. Biden clearly won.

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:27 PM
8 moms liked this
Quoting mom_to_travis:

I watched, and I really enjoyed it.  Biden was the clear winner.  He has the experience, he has the knowledge, and he really enjoys debating.  Ryan kept his cool but he dodged to many questions and failed yet again to fill in the blanks with any details and specifics. I think the reason romney/ryan don't give specifics about their plans is that they either don't know them, or they know that the American people aren't going to like the answers one bit!I thought the moderator was okay.  Certainly better than Jim Lehrer!“@dannysullivan Ryan: my faith guides everything. Biden:
my faith is strong enough I don't have to impose it on those of other
faiths.”

I love that.  My religion is not the same as ryan's.  Why should his relgious beliefs dictate my life?

I find it amusing that you and other liberals who called Romney disrespectful and rude in the Presidential debate have made no comment on Biden's behavior. Sorry, but what Biden did was clearly out of line. At least be honest. Romney and his making sure he got his point across, was no where near the VP. and his laughing, interrupting, finger wagging, and overall condescending attitude toward a candidate who is clearly younger than he is. It was a poorly thought out tactic. Who laughs during a discussion about the murders of our American citizens during the terrorist attack in Libya? It doesn't matter what he was laughing at, it was highly inappropriate and immature. You have made it clear maturity is something you find important and have many opinions on, yet you find this behavior acceptable? Okie Dokie. I guess the behavior is acceptable if it is coming from someone you support. That is incredibly mature thinking. Smh.

There is a large difference between being an effective debater, and being downright disrespectful. Joe may know his facts in some areas, that I agree, but he put off many more people by his behavior. You don't think Ryan had answers? Maybe you couldn't hear him within the 82 interruptions he was subjected to. Did you get a clear answer on the Administrations position on their lies about Libya? No you didn't, and it wasn't due to any interruption or over talking on Ryan's part. He gave him every avenue to explain it. The only explanation given was to pass the buck. You cannot pass the buck to the intelligence community. Do you honestly think the Commander in Chief was not informed? That is ridiculous.
Melanie420
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting Melanie420:

Not 82 times? And Romney didn't laugh and guffaw as they were trying to discuss serious issues.

He smirked everytime Obama said something, and Ryan sounded like an idiot, its hard not to laugh. What do you mean not 82 times, everytime the moderator opened his mouth Romney decided he had something to say!

mom_to_travis
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:34 PM
4 moms liked this

And you thought romney was awesome last time, but apparently the rules of awesomeness are different when the shoe is on the other foot. 

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting mom_to_travis:

I watched, and I really enjoyed it.  Biden was the clear winner.  He has the experience, he has the knowledge, and he really enjoys debating.  Ryan kept his cool but he dodged to many questions and failed yet again to fill in the blanks with any details and specifics. I think the reason romney/ryan don't give specifics about their plans is that they either don't know them, or they know that the American people aren't going to like the answers one bit!I thought the moderator was okay.  Certainly better than Jim Lehrer!“@dannysullivan Ryan: my faith guides everything. Biden:
my faith is strong enough I don't have to impose it on those of other
faiths.”

I find it amusing that you and other liberals who called Romney disrespectful and rude in the Presidential debate have made no comment on Biden's behavior. Sorry, but what Biden did was clearly out of line. At least be honest. Romney and his making sure he got his point across, was no where near the VP. and his laughing, interrupting, finger wagging, and overall condescending attitude toward a candidate who is clearly younger than he is. It was a poorly thought out tactic. Who laughs during a discussion about the murders of our American citizens during the terrorist attack in Libya? It doesn't matter what he was laughing at, it was highly inappropriate and immature. You have made it clear maturity is something you find important and have many opinions on, yet you find this behavior acceptable? Okie Dokie. I guess the behavior is acceptable if it is coming from someone you support. That is incredibly mature thinking. Smh.

There is a large difference between being an effective debater, and being downright disrespectful. Joe may know his facts in some areas, that I agree, but he put off many more people by his behavior. You don't think Ryan had answers? Maybe you couldn't hear him within the 82 interruptions he was subjected to. Did you get a clear answer on the Administrations position on their lies about Libya? No you didn't, and it wasn't due to any interruption or over talking on Ryan's part. He gave him every avenue to explain it. The only explanation given was to pass the buck. You cannot pass the buck to the intelligence community. Do you honestly think the Commander in Chief was not informed? That is ridiculous.

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting mom_to_travis:

I think it is very clear that Romney didn't behave in the same manner. Not just my opinion. But thank you for answering my question. It's ok if a liberal is clearly disrespectful. Not new news, but it is nice to hear it admitted.
mom_to_travis
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Don't twist my words to try to make them say what you want to hear.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting mom_to_travis:

I think it is very clear that Romney didn't behave in the same manner. Not just my opinion. But thank you for answering my question. It's ok if a liberal is clearly disrespectful. Not new news, but it is nice to hear it admitted.

littlesippycup
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Ryan is Hot!!!

.oOMellyOo.
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

In all honesty, On paper it was a draw, if you listened on the radio Biden clearly won, and if you watched on TV Ryan won, Krauthammer's words not mine and I have to agree. And to be perfectly blunt here, those of us who have already decided who we are going to cast our vote for this debate isn't really going to sway us. We will always see the candidate of our choice in the best light.... what matters is the independent voters, and most all of them agreed in the after interview that Biden was very rude and unprofessional. And they also said that Ryan didn't seem as knowledgeable as Biden but as a whole, this debate did not sway them one way or another so.... if we go by who really counts in the case, it was a draw.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)