Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Vice Presidential Debate

Posted by   + Show Post

I watched the Vice Presidential debate. I thought it was much more spirited than the Presidential debate. I also thought Vice President Joe Biden was the clear winner. I will be interested to hear what you ladies thought and what the general consensus will be all over the internet.

As I watched the live feed online there were comments constantly streaming alongside. It is amazing to be able to see commentary live while you are actually watching the debate. I don’t know how people type that fast though!

Overall I thought Biden’s experience in foreign affairs showed. He obviously knew what he
was talking about. I did not love his laughing at everything Ryan said though, that seemed a bit smug.

I thought the moderator was great. She maintained control, asked good questions, and required that her questions were answered. Did you like her?

She repeatedly questioned Ryan why he and Romney have refused to show any actual plans, to delineate exactly what cuts they would make and which loopholes would be closed. I wonder why they will not come forth with that, too. How do you feel about that?

On the abortion question, a quote from Twitter: “@dannysullivan Ryan: my faith guides everything. Biden: my faith is strong enough I don't have to impose it on those of other faiths.”

Did you watch the debate? Do you agree or disagree with my assessment? I welcome all thoughts and opinions.

©iStockphoto.com/Geoffrey Holman

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (121-130):
arpazia
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Preach it

Quoting mom_to_travis:

I'll take someone who interrupts 82 times over someone who lies 50% of the time, any day.

Quoting Redwall:

I thought Ryan was wonderful...always polite, and well spoken...didn't make faces when Biden spoke.  I thought Biden did a good job, but I thought he was rude.  Someone counted the times he interrupted and it was 82!    I'm not a Democrat or a Republican...but I had more respect for Ryan after watching this.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting GOBryan:

Biden answered but flat out lied about some things. I am not saying Ryan was 100% accurate or right but don't make Biden out to be mr straight shooter.

Atleast he answered question rather than divert from them. Ryan didn't really answer anything so no need for him to even lie when he can't even answer straight. Ryan was called out several times on it also. Ryan had his share on non-truths with the little he even had to say. 

mom2twinboyz
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Quoting GOBryan:

Well shit he was interrupted 82 freakin times he didn't get a chance to finish what he was saying.
GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting GOBryan:

Well shit he was interrupted 82 freakin times he didn't get a chance to finish what he was saying.

Well shit Ryan was interrupted because he was trying to hog up all of the 4 minutes between them. If Biden didn't interrupt Ryan, Biden wouldn't have had a chance to speak at all. Biden even made a similar comment during the debate. Sometimes he only had seconds and Ryan didn't really say anything constructive.

LadyBast
by Brenda on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:03 PM

No comments but bump

mom_to_travis
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Be careful what you wish for.  And please remember that you do not speak for "America".  I am most certainly not willing to "try anything."

Quoting fliptopz4:

Quoting mom_to_travis:

I watched, and I really enjoyed it.  Biden was the clear winner.  He has the experience, he has the knowledge, and he really enjoys debating.  Ryan kept his cool but he dodged to many questions and failed yet again to fill in the blanks with any details and specifics.

I think the reason romney/ryan don't give specifics about their plans is that they either don't know them, or they know that the American people aren't going to like the answers one bit!

I thought the moderator was okay.  Certainly better than Jim Lehrer!

“@dannysullivan Ryan: my faith guides everything. Biden: my faith is strong enough I don't have to impose it on those of other faiths.”

I love that.  My religion is not the same as ryan's.  Why should his relgious beliefs dictate my life?

Well we have been living with Obama and Bidens plan and at this point America is willing to try anything.

joey125
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I did watch the debate, sometimes I actually worried about Biden, I like him and knew people would have something negative about the laughing,   he was just amazed about what Ryan was saying , I think smug is a good word to describe Ryan of course that is just my opinion.  He reminds me of one of those know it all frat boys lol    I agree with Biden on the abortion  it is between  a woman and her doctor., I agree with the administrations action on foreign policy, what happened in Libya was terrible, but I don't think it should be politicized, and the Romney / Ryan's budget is unclear.  I thought Martha Radizz was a good moderator, it was quite a show.   

mom_to_travis
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Then he should have spoken up and been more assertive!  I'm pretty sure that's what I heard from a lot of republicans after the first debate, referring to Obama getting interrupted by romney.  Maybe since Ryan didn't speak up we should assume that he really didn't know what to say, or that he absolutely no way to defend himself against the valid points Biden was making.  Maybe that shows him for the weak leader he would be.  Sound familiar?

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting GOBryan:

WifeyMommy2011
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 5:19 PM
I think biden won. I thought the debate was interesting to watch.

Does anybody else think Ryan looks like a monkey? I'm not making fun of him or anything but he reminded me of a monkey...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsDenuninani
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting MsDenuninani:

I don't claim to be a math wiz, so I cannot speak to that. However, even though Obama and Biden keep saying it is impossible, there are many studies to show it is possible. I agree though. They should make it clear that they have a baseline plan they intend to take to the floor to get ideas and support from both sides, so that we all benefit from the terms worked out. In my opinion, if that is in fact what they have been saying, I think it's a darn good idea. It makes sense to me to come in to split sides with a base plan, and work with both sides to achieve a goal. It makes less sense to go in with a plan that has little or no room for compromise that is one sided. Not saying only Obama has done it, many have. I just think its time for new ideas.

I pretty much agree with you. 

I wish Congress did too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN