Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Vice Presidential Debate

Posted by   + Show Post

I watched the Vice Presidential debate. I thought it was much more spirited than the Presidential debate. I also thought Vice President Joe Biden was the clear winner. I will be interested to hear what you ladies thought and what the general consensus will be all over the internet.

As I watched the live feed online there were comments constantly streaming alongside. It is amazing to be able to see commentary live while you are actually watching the debate. I don’t know how people type that fast though!

Overall I thought Biden’s experience in foreign affairs showed. He obviously knew what he
was talking about. I did not love his laughing at everything Ryan said though, that seemed a bit smug.

I thought the moderator was great. She maintained control, asked good questions, and required that her questions were answered. Did you like her?

She repeatedly questioned Ryan why he and Romney have refused to show any actual plans, to delineate exactly what cuts they would make and which loopholes would be closed. I wonder why they will not come forth with that, too. How do you feel about that?

On the abortion question, a quote from Twitter: “@dannysullivan Ryan: my faith guides everything. Biden: my faith is strong enough I don't have to impose it on those of other faiths.”

Did you watch the debate? Do you agree or disagree with my assessment? I welcome all thoughts and opinions.

©iStockphoto.com/Geoffrey Holman

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (61-70):
annelauer
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:53 PM

I don't have any problem with your opinions.  Just remember to classify them as such.  Instead of calling your opinion a fact, please qualify it as a baseless opinion with no basis in fact or reality.  That is fine.  I am happy to tolerate that.  But I am intolerant of you spreading lies in order to further your "cause".

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting mom_to_travis:

Ooh and I am sure your facts support your leftist views. Why does the left demonize those who have different opinions? Don't you preach tolerance? Should be tolerance for those who think exactly like they do. Bleh!

jnkreig
by New Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't like how the Vice President seemed like a bully.  Every time Ryan tried to answer a question, VP Biden kept interupting him and not allowing him the desency to finish his thought.  I felt that Ryan was very respectful of VP Biden.

On the question of Abortion, I really don't understand why religion has to be mentioned.  I don't agree with it period.  I believe its something that needs to be discussed between the doctor and the patient.

Yes, I like Martha, I think she did a nice job.

I think it was better than the Presidential debate, but I don't feel that anyone won.

tangerine6392
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this
To be honest, Biden's laughing didn't bother me at all. Neither did Romneys interrupting. In the end, it all comes down to content, and I personally agree with Biden. I find it ridiculous that his laughing and Big Bird are what people chose to focus on after the debates.
shewantsariot
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this
You nailed it, I feel the same. Although Joe's snickering and laughing made him seem so real to me, I wouldn't have been able to contain myself either. A lot is at stake now, and he shouldn't let lies sit there like Obama did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vanhoose23
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:48 PM
2 moms liked this
"When a wise person debates with a fool, the fool rages and laughs, and there's is no peace and quiet". Proverbs 29:9
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTriches
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Ryan won because he was factual and composed .  Biden looked like a fool

mom2twinboyz
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:53 PM
Quoting annelauer:

Alrighty then please tell me what specifically I have said has proven to be untrue.
Sue1605
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I live abroad and don't get to vote too so me liking one person over another is irrelevant. Romney/Ryan team come across as suave well-put-together guys, whereas Obama was bumbling, Biden was blustery. Still it was the "suave" Republicans that left such a mess, and it was Obama/Biden who had been doing their best in the last 4 years . Without a doubt I feel that this team has the best interests of the country at heart, whereas the Romney/Ryan team is entrepreneurial and has the individual's (their own???) interests in mind. Again, their math and logic stump me and my logic.
I saw only part of this debate but followed the Obama-Romney debate, the RNC and the DNC.

Quoting annelauer:

That is the only way some of these people know how to process information.  They completely disregard facts and truth and make up what ever they want to be true.  There are serious gaps in logical reasoning skills in an abundant number of those who vote Republican.  It really is sad that they can't see past their noses and cast a vote based on reason rather than one based on manufactured emotion.  And since they "think" with their emotions, it is okay if it feels okay and it is not if it doesn't feel right to them.  Therefor, it was fine that Romney lied 29 times in 37 minutes and that he repeatedly broke the rules of the debate and that he interrupted often.  In fact, that showed the aggressive attitude necessary to turn this country around and he "won". Biden interrupting though, to point out lies and discrepancies in what Ryan was saying, didn't feel right (because they didn't like him to begin with) so he is a jerk and a bully.  It makes perfect sense to those who do not have an iota of logic within their being.  But those of us who believe in logic, truth and intelligent thought are left scratching our heads.

Quoting mom_to_travis:

Don't twist my words to try to make them say what you want to hear.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting mom_to_travis:

I think it is very clear that Romney didn't behave in the same manner. Not just my opinion. But thank you for answering my question. It's ok if a liberal is clearly disrespectful. Not new news, but it is nice to hear it admitted.

BellaByrdie
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:07 PM
2 moms liked this
I think Biden won. How can Ryan disrespect something he gained from. How can he say his faith and beliefs are so strong and so right that they should bypass my own and dictate my or anyone else's life. They keep saying our plan our plan. What specifically IS the plan.

And sorry but I don't remember any Romney supporters fussing when he did the same thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annelauer
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I have been as we were going along.  Are you answering posts without reading them? 

Quoting mom2twinboyz:

Quoting annelauer:

Alrighty then please tell me what specifically I have said has proven to be untrue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)