Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Veep Debate

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:51 PM
  • 13 Replies

Poll

Question: Question: Who won the Veep Debate.

Options:

Biden

Ryan

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 14

View Results

Did you watch? Who do you think won?

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:16 AM

I didn't watch but bump

GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:19 AM
2 moms liked this

I believe Biden did. He answered questions. Ryan diverted from some (most) questions. Even the Mediator realized that and called him on it several times, yet, Ryan never responded. Yes, Biden HAD to interrupt Ryan because Ryan was hogging up much of the 4 minutes between them. If he didn't interrupt, he wouldn't have had speaking time, which may have been Ryan's plan.  I can relate to Biden's personality. I'm married to an Irish.. lol.  They don't put up with B.S.  I very much liked Biden's answers where Ryan just kept saying things like "Romney cares about 100% of the people" when we know that's not true. He also wants to impose his views on abortion where Biden stated that he doesn't agree with it but it's not his business what others do, which I totally agree with because it's not a goverments position on such personal decisions.  I think Biden did very well. When I saw him smile, I thought, Oh oh, lol.. Here it comes.

I like Biden, he's cerainly not the typical, boring politician, which is why many don't like him. He doesn't put up with malarky.. lol.. and says it like it is, even if he has foot in mouth syndrome at times, but then, so does Romney, except Romney puts off a different vibe when he does it. More uppity and self-righteous. Damn, too bad it's not McCain. I like him better than Romney and if it wasn't for Palen, he may have had a shot. 

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:40 AM
Same here.

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

I didn't watch but bump

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_to_travis
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Biden was the clear winner.

godotherightthi
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM
3 moms liked this

I heard something this morning I agree 100% with -

Based on the transcript - even draw

Based on audio only  - Biden won because of his offensive strategy

Based on television - Ryan won because of Biden's eye rolling, laughing, interrupting and general overall disrespectful manner.

I did think Ryan was being very diplomatic when he chastised Biden for the interrupting, Ryan said "each other".

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting godotherightthi:

Based on television - Ryan won because of Biden's eye rolling, laughing, interrupting and general overall disrespectful manner.

I did think Ryan was being very diplomatic when he chastised Biden for the interrupting, Ryan said "each other".

This exactly. :-)
LancesMom
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 12:50 PM

BUMP!

MamaJessx3
by Jess on Oct. 13, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Agree!

Quoting godotherightthi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 10:54 AM
I dvr'd it.

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

I didn't watch but bump

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 10:55 AM
I think that overall, Biden won. And according to the major news outlets, Biden won.

Quoting godotherightthi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN