Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Q&A Giveaway! Ask the Skincare Expert and You Could WIN!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you feel like your skin is drying out this season? Wonder how to reduce the appearance of aging? Maybe you're trying to find out what makeup is gentlest on your skin? Whatever your skincare concerns, our expert is here to help!

Dr. Anais Aurora Badia, Board Certified Dermatologist from Florida Skin Center, will be here November 17th to offer her advice and answer your questions in this thread!

As a bonus, one mom who replies to this post to ask our expert a skincare-related question will win a FREE FACIAL from Florida Skin Center!

mirror

Welcome, Dr. Badia, and thanks for joining us!

Giveaway rules:

• The Florida Moms Giveaway starts 11/7/12 at 9am (ET) and ends 11/18/2012 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a Free Facial from Florida Skin Center.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 11/27/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Replies (21-30):
dakotasmom12103
by Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I have terrible psoriasis on my scalp.  I've tried every shampoo on the market.  Short of going to the dr any ideas on what to do?

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 1:33 PM
I have some brown spots that have recently developed on my neck that are slightly raised. Could they be benign age spots or something I should have biopsied? I did sunbathe in my younger years but am more of a vampire these days since I work nights.
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 1:39 PM
My husband has a coffee stain type skin discoloration that has gradually increased in size and started to spread. He has had a battery of tests done yet all yielded no conclusive results other than it isn't cancerous. At this point my husband is highly frustrated having seen all these doctors and no definitive answers. He is ready to have whatever it is cut out and would rather the scar than the possibility of it to continue to spread. I guess I am asking what can be done because they are just sending him back to the dermatologist to run even more tests?

FYI---We do live in South Florida if there was a chance to make an appointment to see you!
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2012 at 1:41 PM
I am also concerned with whatever he has could it be genetic as we have 2 children?
Trollslayer
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 5:36 PM

What would you recommend to use on our face to protect it from the sun? I have used a few different sunscreens but they leave my skin feeling oily and very dirty.

SweetLuci
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:38 PM

How cool is that, My birthday is November 14th.

SweetLuci
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I have rosacea. I use a perscription cream for the condition, but it really dries out my skin. What do I need to do to help with this?

SweetLuci
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 7:39 PM

What makeup can I use that won't aggrivate my rosacea.

LadyBast
by Brenda on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:27 AM

I have combination skin and I do not wear make up is there anything I can do or use to make my T zone area so it does not feel so bad during the day?

LadyBast
by Brenda on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:28 AM

What is your choice for mascara, I can never find one that works correct and they all make my eyes itch after about 8 hours is that normal or just my allergies too making them do this!

I clean my face am & pm never wear make up to bed and I am 45..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)