Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Mid sixties and kids are outside?

Posted by   + Show Post

Would you consider 65-68 degrees freezing weather that children can't be out in?

I know I still have my Yankee blood that I was raised with, but to me mid to high sixties just isn't that cold. 

To make a long story short, I have a parent who is very unhappy with me for "forcing" their child to walk outside in in a high of 68 degrees. 

It's a long story that I won't get into online. But do you FL moms really think mis sixties weather warrants cancelling activities that require some time outside?

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Replies (11-20):
strictmomhere
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:33 PM
Not cold at all:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_brown23
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:26 AM

No way! I would be wearing a sweater b/c I have such thin blood, lol. However, mid 60's are glorious!

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:18 AM

No. That is like the perfect weather to me.

ambermario4ever
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I think it's fine to play outside in the 60s. I grew up in Tn and real cold weather never kept me inside and there where times when it got down to 9 out.

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:41 AM

It would have taken everything in my power not to laugh in that moms face and tell her she is more than welcome to take her delicate child home. Does she think her child is allergic to fresh air and great weather, or is she just trying to turn her kid into a puss? Dear Lord. She needs to land that helicopter before she has to hold her 21 yr old child's hand at their first job interview someday. Smh. 

LadyBast
by Brenda on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Nope not cold at all and if the sun is out amazing temps, I would not be mad at all I love it jacket and good to go...

Salem2012
by Anais on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:36 PM

No i think it is perfect weather

Bellisimarose
by Rose on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:59 AM
That's not cold at all. It's good weather to still play outside.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by Shayla on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Mids 60's is not cold weather...lol

Hsmom1966
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Personal preferences:  I enjoy the cooler climate, but would not enjoy living in a harsher environment consisting of extremes.  One reason I live in the south is the advantage to enjoy the outdoors year around and I am rather comfortable with my southern fried weather and southern environment. 

On a side note:  It is a shame that you and the other parents did not know each other well enough to know in advanced that there would be an issue if the children were outside for a planned activity during a 68 degree day.  Most friends and colleagues would have discussed personal preferences such as this weather change before making an assumption based on one parents opinion.  Now that you have this knowledge, you have the opportunity to make a difference as opposed to looking for affirmation in your choices. 

So you see, in essence a lot of good has come from such a minor incident after all :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)