Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

College online?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:04 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi I am a senior right now so I am looking into colleges and I really like USF and I talked to a friend who is a nurse at all children's hospital, which is where I want to work eventually, and she said USF has an excellent nursing program and All Children's tends to higher those students because they are taught really good and have a good rep. I know the nursing program is in Tampa and I live in Saint Petersburg. It isnt too far but I am expecting a baby jan 4th. I want to move up in my job as well into a catering position in order to make more money for us but I really dont like the idea of being at work every week day from 6am-2pm and then at school all the time. I looked into online programs with USF and just wanted to know if anyone has done them or even better if you have done the online Bachelors in nursing. Oh and I have done most of highschool online so I have the motivation and everything to do school at home on my own. Thank you ladies!

Pregnancy%20ticker

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Here's a bump for you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:53 PM

You need to know that you may be able to do most of your gen education credits online, and that is an ok situation if you have no trouble with those subjects. However, there are many courses for a BSN that you will not be able to take online and shouldn't. 

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 18, 2012 at 12:53 PM

I didn't do online college so here is a bump

MamaJessx3
by Jess on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:05 PM
I'm taking online classes right now at USF. I graduate in 3 weeks with my second bachelors. But mine is in SLP, not nursing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:16 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nomadbrat83
by Group Admin on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I will be finishing my Masters degree in April online

Fairegirl33
by Melissa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I went back to college... well not really back, I started college back a few years ago... because of my work schedule, I took MANY of my classes online so that I was able to balance work and time with my kiddos.  

I would do my school work after my kids went to bed and such... it worked very well for me but def I would only take certain types of classes online.  IMO some classes NEVER should be taken online and BSN is one of them.... obviously core classes is one thing... but I wouldn't feel very good knowing my nurse got her degree online.  sorry :(

strictmomhere
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:54 AM
You can do certain parts of nursing online clinicals and stuff u have to go there;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN