Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I may have to shoot my husband. Anyone willing to help me move the body?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:15 PM
  • 16 Replies

I hate snakes. They creep me out. I am all for learning about them, seeing them in zoos, etc, and appreciating their Eco contribution. With that being said I am in no way interested in owning a reptile. 

My hubby had snakes and a tarantula when we were growing up. No thank you. For years my girls have never been interested in having snakes. This summer we went to meet my sister, niece, and nephew in St. Augustine and toured a big cat rescue where they had a 10ft Boa named Buttercup. Eeeeeeeekkkkkk! My middle child Mack picked that day to loose her fear of snakes and has not shut up since then about wanting a snake. I of course said no way. Greg originally backed me up but in the last few weeks has taken the kids to exotic pet stores and has given them the idea he will buy Mack a Ball Python. I am none too pleased. 

Might I mention that he is typically gone for 6 months out of the year, every year. He will be leaving again the beginning of next year. Guess who would be responsible for caring, and GAG, feeding this thing? ME! I am sorry. I have 3 young children whom I already spend 15+ hours a week in the Gym with, not including meets and competitive cheer competitions on the weekends,, 1 insane year old Lab, and one cat to care for by myself when he is away. Did I mention I hate snakes? 

Last night I made the mistake of watching "infested", guess what? A family rented a house totally over run by snakes. I seriously felt like I was going to puke. I am getting the icky chills just writing this. My husband just laughed at me. I told him, this isn't doing anything to help your argument for a pet reptile. 

While I understand that it is good to foster a love of all God's creatures, I just cannot get behind having one in my house, and I find it incredibly insensitive of my husband to promote this idea when he knows how much I do not want them here. I got so furious with him last night that I swore if he bought one behind my back, I would take it elsewhere the first day he was at work. 

What would you do? Am I totally wrong? How would you handle the situation? 

PS. I was joking about hiding his body... Kinda. ;-) 

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dinimon
by Diana on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Ugh, hell no to snakes in my household!
I totally understand you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ambertreas76
by Amber on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I'm on the other side.  Snakes, lizards... I love em!  My husband thinks I am out of my mind!!

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Same here!

Quoting Dinimon:

Ugh, hell no to snakes in my household!

I totally understand you.
MamaJessx3
by Jess on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Lol, we have all sorts of crazy reptiles, including snakes, so I'm use to it. I don't like snakes, but my kids and husband do. And I don't have to worry about taking care of them so I don't care. But if I had to take care of them then they'd be dead ;)
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:18 PM
I'm with you, no snakes!! Iguanas yes!
WendyJR
by Wendy on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:06 PM
*shudders* if there was a snake in my house (pet or non-pet) i would move out. Ick! I'd help you with the body lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I saw that episode of infested. They ended up knocking the house down because they couldn't get rid of them. 

You're being very reasonable. I'm sure we can find somewhere where gators can get rid of the evidence... but there will probably be snakes around when we do it. Sorry!

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:03 AM

The alligator farm in St. Augustine has a HUGE snake. I'm going to look it up. 

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:05 AM

I looked it up. They have a 21 foot python. He's very impressive. I'm not posting pics out of respect for the snake haters ;)

obama._.nation
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:50 AM
I love snakes :D snakes are beautiful. I had 2 snakes, even tho they really belong to my cousin. One was a ball python the other a Burmese python. Both beautiful. I want a sale for my birthday like crazy. But the one I want is super pricey.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)