Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MIL

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:32 PM
  • 14 Replies
Ok my MIL is driving me INSA
NE. Seriously first off she treats my kids like crap and prefers to only spend time with my step son which is fine by me but now she picking apart my d every action as a parent and actually bad mouthed my dad because he bought all the kids gifts rather than just his "real " grandkids. And now they are all watching tv something I hate but I'm sucking it up and the one thing I really don't allow is Spongebob and guess what the first thing she wants to put on. Grrrrrr. Can't wait till Tuesday so she will be gone!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Ummm. I wouldn't allow her to turn on a cartoon you have banned! It is your house and your kids! I'd just walk out in front of everyone and remind your kids nicely that we don't watch this program and change it. This is your home, kids, and your rules stand. I feel ya. I have some of the same issues. However, I don't stand for disrespect in my home. From anyone. Your kids need to remember who the boss lady is. Rules don't change because grandma rolled into town. 

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:31 PM
I agree 100%. Good luck!

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Ummm. I wouldn't allow her to turn on a cartoon you have banned! It is your house and your kids! I'd just walk out in front of everyone and remind your kids nicely that we don't watch this program and change it. This is your home, kids, and your rules stand. I feel ya. I have some of the same issues. However, I don't stand for disrespect in my home. From anyone. Your kids need to remember who the boss lady is. Rules don't change because grandma rolled into town. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:52 PM
Agree!!

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

strictmomhere
by Nan on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rawrmommysaurus
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Put your foot down!  She will continue to treat you how you allow her to treat you.  If she can't treat you with respect and also respect the rules in YOUR home, then she probably won't come back.  And if she does, she will try to push the limits even further.  Let her do it, and your married life will be miserable.  Stand up for yourself, your family and she will either remove herself from you and your families life, or respect you.

Yeah it will hurt the kids if she choses to remove herself from theri lives, but really, do you need someone like that in their lives countering everything you do?

gmadiane
by gmadiane on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:00 PM

I know how you feel, hang in there

MamaJessx3
by Jess on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:07 PM
I agree

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:49 AM

I let even my own Mom know, my kids, my rules

LadyBast
by Brenda on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Just let her enjoy the holiday and boot her out :)

Good luck and glad it is not my MIL

twinners.mama
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:04 AM
Exactly! If she's in yoyr house! Your rules not hers..don't play her game. Good luck op.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)