Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

It is never a good sign when...

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:52 AM
  • 15 Replies

You are woken up @7am to the hysterical screams of your 5 year old, and find her in the bathroom on the toilet bent over holding her tummy. I am talking those screams we as moms dread hearing, you just know something is very wrong. It scared the ever lovin bejesus out of me. I have no clue what was/is wrong. All she could tell me was she woke up to go potty and now her tummy hurts. She was just hysterical. It was so bad for about 5 minutes that I was considering calling 911. I just sat in front of her on a stool and she laid her head on me and cried. As fast as it started, it went away, but then I noticed it felt like she had a fever. My mind is thinking all kinds of ailments. UTI, kidney infection, appendicitis, etc. I got her in a bath and called our Ped. He said just to watch her, and if the pain returned to bring her in ASAP. Thus far the pain hasn't returned, no huge nasty poo has come out (tmi I know, but hey, we are all mommas ;-)), she is still feeling feverish. I could verify the fever if it were not for the fact a certain Labrador, I won't name names, ughhhheeeeem J├Ąger, decided to make my thermometer a chew toy. That asshole. 

I am hoping it was just trapped gas. I guess we shall see as the day goes on. 

That scream, oh that scream. Enough to strike fear into any mommies heart. We all know that scream and it never fails to produce an instinctual rush of adrenaline into our systems. Who needs coffee at 7am when you have natures original 5 hour energy pulsing through your veins? Lol 

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strictmomhere
by Nan on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Poor kiddo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:48 PM

How is she now?

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Poor kid! I know that scream too and it's the scariest thing in the world.

How is she feeling now?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaJessx3
by Jess on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Poor girl :-(
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:33 PM

A few minutes ago she said her head hurts and her neck feels funny. Ugh... Have a call into the Ped. 

Mrs.wilcox01
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this
You must have many Labrador.(moose.cough) he ate remotes this morning while out shopping for thankgiving
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fairegirl33
by Melissa on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:01 PM

gosh that is horrible !

BRQ07
I hope august is better than july was
Today at 9:45 AM
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:13 PM
poor kiddo! hope she is feeling better!
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Dr. Says it looks like the flu. Meds in, she just had a vitamix smoothie and is resting on the couch watching Garfiled ;-) let's hope it is just a short flu bug. Grammy comes tomorrow night. Grammy makes it all better. :-) for me too! Lol nothing like having your mom around when you need her most. <3

LadyBast
by Brenda on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Poor kid hope she is OK keep us posted

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)