Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

An open letter to parents who have decided a little magic in their children's lives is a bad, bad thing.. *Update*

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:28 PM
  • 26 Replies
4 moms liked this

Here's the deal. If you have some hang up about Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, Disney Princess, or any other childhood magical creature, and choose to raise you sweet lil darlings that way? Go for it. However, please do the rest of us a favor that think the more magic in childhood, the longer the better, and raise our kids with those beliefs... For the love of Gawd PLEASE make it clear to your children that it is not fodder for public comment in school. ESPECIALLY not in Kindergarten. 

Id like to thank the dousche bag parent who told his 5 year old he is the tooth fairy, he gets her teeth from her pillow, puts money under it, stores them in his dresser, and that other people who think anything like the Tooth Fairy, Santa, and the Easter bunny are real? Are stupid. 

YEP. My youngest baby, she's 5, and a young 5, lost her very first tooth at school during lunch today. Baylie was so very excited about the Tooth Fairy coming and at our house Tinker Bell also comes with her to help her out and leaves fairy dust. This lovely child proceeds to try and ruin it for my child and laughed at her. All because her daddy told her people like Baylie are stupid for their beliefs.

Guess what dude? I not only think you are stupid for taking magic away from your child that only lasts a short while, but I think you are an incredible asshat for not making sure your daughter knows not to say that to other children. 

I just told Baylie that just like Tink, those who do not believe in her or the tooth fairy, will never get a visit, and those that don't believe in Santa, won't get a visit either. That is sad. 

She agreed it was sad and I just told her to ignore this child. 

You have your beliefs, and I have mine. Don't ruin it for everyone else. All you have done is try to kill magic and joy of a child... 

Ok. Rant done. I still want to punch this guy in the family jewels. All 3 of my girls lost teeth today. Tink and the Tooth Fairy were extremely busy tonight! Lol 

UPDATE Like I said, all 3 of my girls lost a tooth yesterday. So last night the Tooth Fairy and Tink came in triple time. ;-) Tink left A TON of Fairy dust ALL OVER the house and their beds including on the woobers. (J├Ąger) Like Nana from Peter Pan, Tink took him for his first flight. Lol Baylie proudly went to school today with her money and fairy dust, complete with pictures to show this little child how these magical creatures DO INFACT exist, and when this child argued, Baylie told her, they don't visit you because you don't believe! I couldn't wipe the smile from my or her teachers face. TAKE THAT ya little cynic! Lol I hope she kicks her dad in the jewels for me! 

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry your little girl had to deal with a non magic believer. I don't know what is wrong with people to be so mean at such a young age.

Magic is wonderful!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaJessx3
by Jess on Nov. 28, 2012 at 7:27 AM
I totally agree. There are so many people now that don't let their kids believe in this stuff and why??? I really don't understand it since its purely harmless and all it does is make these occasions a little more special for children. I'm sorry your little girl was upset, glad you were able to talk to her about it. I sure hope that doesn't happen to any of my kids!!
strictmomhere
by Nan on Nov. 28, 2012 at 8:32 AM
Poor kid no fun in not believing :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fygfitness_mom
by Chris on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I agree, my girls were raised with Santa and magic.

I can see it from the other side too.

Not the telling your kid those people are stupid part, he should be punched.

I can see how it would be difficult for one child, who was not brought up with the belief in magic to be expected to keep quiet about such things. They should have the ability to speak about what the holidays, or lack thereof, are like at their house just like a little one who has a visit from Santa. I can see it as being a difficult place to be.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Boo I hate people like that

Salem2012
by Anais on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I could not agree more with you post! I am sorry that kid told your little girl that :(

ambermario4ever
by Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:28 AM

We don't do those thing either but I have told my oldest who goes to school not to tell others because some people do believe in them.

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Definitely. :(

Quoting Salem2012:

I could not agree more with you post! I am sorry that kid told your little girl that :(

LadyBast
by Brenda on Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I cannot believe someone would do that, how sad that is really bad.. So sorry!

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Nov. 28, 2012 at 6:49 PM

That's so sad for her. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)