Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Believe or not?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:47 PM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you believe in Mayans 2012 calendar?

Options:

Yes

No

Maybe

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 16

View Results

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambertreas76
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

No way.  The calendar doesn't end until the late 4000s.  Even with that, the medicine men said that it doesn't mean anything at all.  

GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:10 PM
3 moms liked this

To begin with, The Mayan Calendar is NOT saying that they world will end.. That's a misunderstanding by western civilization. The decendents of the Mayans even admit that that is not it's meaning by any means. The Mayan Calendar is exactly that.. A Calendar.. All calendars have a beginning and an end but just like our calendar which normally ends 12/31/2012.. That doesn't mean we're stating it's the end of the world.. it's just means that we need to get a new calendar. The Mayan civilization ended and in came the Incas, so they didn't get a chance to continue. Now, what's left are their descendents. On another note, the Mayans had a similiar spiritual belief as the Gnostics..  

I had a history lesson from a descendent of the Mayans, who was our tour guide when we visited The Ruins of Tulum in Cancun. It's a very spiritual experience. 

So to answer your question.. There's nothing to believe in either direction. Now, do I believe what western civilizations thinks it means..? No.. There's little about Western Civilization that's accurate, including it's history books. It's very one-sided and not usually accurate. 

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Not at all.

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaJessx3
by Jess on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this
No
Mommytolas
by Tricia on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope
Fairegirl33
by Melissa on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:49 AM
2 moms liked this

This....

I guess the answer to the question would be Yes then... cuz the calendar is correct... it doesn't say the world is going to end LOL

I visited Chitzenitza (sp?) 2x now... I love it and I would go 10 more times... like you said it is an amazing spiritual experience.... what the Mayans did in their time was crazy and their temples and what is still there is beautiful... the colors on the rocks and such still there after hundreds and hundreds of years.

Quoting GOBryan:

To begin with, The Mayan Calendar is NOT saying that they world will end.. That's a misunderstanding by western civilization. The decendents of the Mayans even admit that that is not it's meaning by any means. The Mayan Calendar is exactly that.. A Calendar.. All calendars have a beginning and an end but just like our calendar which normally ends 12/31/2012.. That doesn't mean we're stating it's the end of the world.. it's just means that we need to get a new calendar. The Mayan civilization ended and in came the Incas, so they didn't get a chance to continue. Now, what's left are their descendents. On another note, the Mayans had a similiar spiritual belief as the Gnostics..  

I had a history lesson from a descendent of the Mayans, who was our tour guide when we visited The Ruins of Tulum in Cancun. It's a very spiritual experience. 

So to answer your question.. There's nothing to believe in either direction. Now, do I believe what western civilizations thinks it means..? No.. There's little about Western Civilization that's accurate, including it's history books. It's very one-sided and not usually accurate. 

Fairegirl33
by Melissa on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Haha here I am at the ruins
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I believe something will happen soon.The way things are in this world

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)