Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

So I was all kinds of happy to have a break from DH... Here's how I've spent it so far... :-(

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:57 PM
  • 17 Replies

It started with that early morning call to get my oldest from my Mom in Melbourne. Things have just gone downhill from there real fast. This is my last 4 days in a nutshell...

Sunday 

Monday 

An hour and 30 min past giving her both Tylenol and Motrin. This is as far as I could get it down...

Tuesday night the 3rd bites the proverbial flu dust. Dd#1 and #3 start puking along with Mommy. 

Wednesday dd#2 starts puking with the rest of us.

Then...

That is the newest fever from tonight. Worst.flu.ever! My oldest hasn't gotten out of my bed at all today, other than to puke, the rest of us are in and out of consciousness on the couch... Delirium has set in. I officially want to roll over and not wake up.

Then I get this picture from DH in Germany at a Christmas market sipping on hot spiced wine... Ya.

The only words that came to my brain upon seeing this was f-off and eat sh*t. 

Yep I'm having a pity party and you're all invited! ;-)

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:15 PM
OMG!! I hope y'all start to feel better soon. When it rains it pours at your house.

(((Hugs)))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommytolas
by Tricia on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:33 AM
Awwww I am so sorry. I swear for some reason pictures from bars in port only come in when things at home suck. You totally deserve a pity party! Hugs and prayers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Oh no I'm so sorry, momma! :( I hope you all feel better and FAST! Hugs!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lukee
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:04 AM

my goodness --you need to be wary of those high temps--might suggest a trip to DR or ER--no matter how bad you feel --call DR and get something--alcohol and water mix dip cloths in it and sponge the fevered ones down--when you start hitting 104 you are in a bad place--will be watching for positive reports--drink all you can stand--fluids help too--dehydration is lurking --I am not trying to scare you but those hi temps are very worrisome 

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Wow.Hope everyone feels better soon.Those are really high fevers!

Fairegirl33
by Melissa on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:16 AM

boooo to the sick girlies and even a bigger boooo to the hubby drinking spiced wine in Germany !!

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Thanks ladies. :-( we are just soooooo beyond miserable. I can honestly say I have never seen my kids this sick. We have had the swine flu and that was BAD, but this is worse. They are only staying awake for short periods of time if at all. Even with the swine flu we were on the mend within 48 hours of the worst.

I woke up at 4Am this morning to two crying kiddos who said their eyes, head and skin hurt, their temps had jumped back up to 104.8 and one at 105.2. I freaked. Threw them both in a lukewarm bath and called the Dr. We tested positive for Flu A. Thank The Lord my Dr. Will open his office after hours if it is something he thinks he can treat rather than sending us to the ER. There isn't anything we can do other than rest, keep hydrated, and treat the symptoms. Two of the girls had to get a full bag of fluids at the office last night because they were dehydrated. You know they are sick when they just lay there or fall asleep while an IV is being placed. They were just too weak to even bother getting upset.

He offered us Tamiflu but said it probably won't help too much seeing as how we have probably gotten through the worst of it. So I declined. He said it is probably going to be a good 3 to 4 weeks to fully recover from this. I have never seen my kids this weak. The only other time I remember any of them this ill was when Baylie (my youngest) was 2 and was in the hospital for a week with a flu infection and she contracted MRSA from the ER, or when my oldest was a preemie in the hospital for 4 months, but that is hard to compare to older kids being lethargic. Either way this crap is nasty and scary. 

My dr said flu a and b are out in full force right now, and he fully recommends carrying sanitizer with you at all times and nag your kids to wash their hands constantly, he has his staff wearing medi masks right now. ugh. He also has several patients that have had to be hospitalized because the strain is just so virulent this year. I pray non of you get this. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. 

strictmomhere
by Nan on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Oh wow that sucks feel better soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Fairegirl33:

boooo to the sick girlies and even a bigger boooo to the hubby drinking spiced wine in Germany !!

Ya. I know it's wrong but I half hoped he'd choke on it. Lol 

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Aww pooor kiddos.My kid has a stuffy nose and I feel bad for her can't even imagine fevers that high.Hope they are feeling better soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)