Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Christmas Mystery

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:53 PM
  • 9 Replies
So we ordered three leap pads one. for each of the kids off the NEX website. I gave them my credit card information they sent,me a confirmation email and tracking information. I checked my bank account this morning and I suddenly have 300 more dollars. So I look everything over and realize the payment for the leappads isn't there so I check online and I can't check my purchase because it says I don't have one. I call the customer service they say the purchase never went through. So I get my boys,ready to go out and the FedEx guy shows up with the Leappads!!! So I call back the call center can't help me and give me another number I call there they can't help me. I go to the store they don't deal with online purchases. So I have three Leappads no one wants me to pay for hun??? I mean,they have our social security numbers and his rank and ship so I guess they'll find us??? Anyone else ever have this happen??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
wingsfan1234
by Amy on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:01 PM

not to that price but yes I had that happen with a $25 amazon gift card last Christmas.. we recieved the card.. my mom USED the card.. yet the money never did come out of our account.. after calling several times my sister finally said forget it.. a year later it never came out of  the account  that I've noticed that is

Fairegirl33
by Melissa on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:20 PM

hahaha well Merry Christmas

strictmomhere
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Wow just wait and see ifthey contact u
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Wow! Crazy stuff!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lukee
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 8:55 PM

make notes for you to refer to if and when they do decide to collect --set the money aside for 90 days --people screw up when the work volume gets crazy and then some are new at it. They should have a program that correlates the inventory to the income and it would have to be run shortly after the holidays if not during--a new person may repeat the same error over and over causing them to run an audit on all their transactions which could result in a catch--if its a once in a lifetime miss you may just skate but have your notes handy that indicate days you called and who you spoke to if you can recall--jic--sometimes if time passes and the error is found --you can claim you tried and gave up and you can get them to give you a break on the price for all the "agony" and worry they caused you. With any luck they will never come after the money and it will be a gift :)

Mommytolas
by Tricia on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:31 PM
So finally just found out today they are going to reprocess the order and fix the error. It would have been great to say forget it and hope they would forget but it felt dishonest and it is the navy exchange so I do have to give our social security numbers and his rank and a million other things. So I'm glad it's taken care of and everything is good now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fla33023
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Better to get it worked out now for sure.

Quoting Mommytolas:

So finally just found out today they are going to reprocess the order and fix the error. It would have been great to say forget it and hope they would forget but it felt dishonest and it is the navy exchange so I do have to give our social security numbers and his rank and a million other things. So I'm glad it's taken care of and everything is good now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh wow glad your getting it fixed.

prdmama1154
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 11:16 PM
My co worker got an extra kindle. They were told to just keep it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN