Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

A break through and need your help

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:21 AM
  • 12 Replies

Okay, so we just got back from the doctor with my daughter.  She is a selective mute and has social phobia.  I can't explain all he said he wants her to do.  It just doesn't go into words, but she is to push herself into situations that make her uncomfortable so she can get used to them and see that nothing will happen. 

Anyhow, the thing I wanted to ask you all help on is (and this is the break through) my daughter said she wanted to play a computer game that she could actually talk to other people.  This is HUGE!!!!  She typically only talks to me and a couple friends and sometimes her dad.  But for her to ask for a game that she can actually talk to people is a big YIPPIE.  But my problem is I don't know any of these type games.  Our computers are in the living room/dining room, so she is monitored all the time, so I am not worried about that.  I just don't know any of these types of games.  Anyone have any ideas???

Thanks!!

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:26 AM

That's great! I don't really play computer games but bump!

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Let me look. I don't let my kids play games like that, but you have a different situation. Does she mean talk , like live, or on a keyboard chatting? 

leighp1
by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:51 AM

She wants live chat, like with a microphone.  She does chat with others using keyboard too, but she has decided to talk now.  Thanks

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Let me look. I don't let my kids play games like that, but you have a different situation. Does she mean talk , like live, or on a keyboard chatting? 

KylesMom409
I have no idea how DH handles what's going on with his health. He's been diabetic for 21 years and now he has celiac disease. :(
Yesterday at 8:59 PM
by Linnette on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:41 AM

That's wonderful!  :)  I'll have to check into some ideas.

LadyBast
by Brenda on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:07 PM

That is great, do you have any family she could skype with?? Or anyone she knows and will chat with this could be a start on the computer, just an idea.. But I do not know anything else that may help. Good luck

MommyKir
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 1:10 PM

alls I know is the webkinz site has a chat room but idk if its typing or microphone type chat.... and i think it depends how old your daughter is, unless we know her age idk what is appropriate for her to suggest anything.

MommyKir
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 1:19 PM

http://www.ehow.com/list_6321277_interactive-chat-rooms-kids.html

or...

Club penguin i am sure would work. Hope this helps

leighp1
by Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 1:26 PM

She is 11 and very computer savy.  She definitely knows her way around.  :)

Quoting MommyKir:

alls I know is the webkinz site has a chat room but idk if its typing or microphone type chat.... and i think it depends how old your daughter is, unless we know her age idk what is appropriate for her to suggest anything.

fygfitness_mom
by Chris on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you have a PS3?

My daughter will be eleven in February and she loves to play the games on the PS3. There are games that allow you to play live with friends and chat at the same time. She plays with her cousins back home.

fygfitness_mom
by Chris on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

The XBox360 has the same capabilities.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)