Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really?? Talk about excessive!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:08 PM
  • 8 Replies
Last night Josh's grandparent told us that they were talked into (by Josh's parents) buying each of our four kids tablets for Christmas! So they spent $1000 on four nook tablets!! Seriously!! We don't need four of the same gift! So we told them last night that was ridiculous and were returning them and getting one basic iPad 2 for the kids (we already have one that's mine and they love it) and then that still leaves like $550 to buy the kids other stuff. Who in the world would spend that much $$ on four of the same thing!?!? I guess it's easy to tell someone else to buy something when it's not your money. Ugh, my mil and Fil take advantage of Josh's grandparents so much! Sorry, just had to vent about that ridiculousness!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
strictmomhere
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Thats alot of money
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJessx3
by Jess on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:18 PM
His grandparents are very well off, but they're also typically pretty frugal (that's how they got where they are now). I would never expect them to go out and spend that much money on the kids, which is why we told them that was excessive and we would return them for them and get something the kids can share and love.

Quoting strictmomhere:

Thats alot of money
strictmomhere
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:20 PM
Oh cool
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fla33023
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Or would they want some money back if you return 3 tablets?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJessx3
by Jess on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:54 PM
They're getting it all back after we get the iPad. That way they can use it to buy other toys or whatever for the kids. Idk how much they'll actually use of it.

Quoting fla33023:

GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I say, it depends on their ages and if the grandparents have the money to be able to afford it. That way they don't fight over it because they each have their own. 

fla33023
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:34 PM
That's quite fair and considerate of you. I know there are lots of parents who would have kept them so they didnt have to deal with sharing issues.

Quoting MamaJessx3:

They're getting it all back after we get the iPad. That way they can use it to buy other toys or whatever for the kids. Idk how much they'll actually use of it.

Quoting fla33023:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:57 PM

It was a very nice gesture but I agree 4 individual tablets is a bit excessive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)