Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think about the new push to make the Easy Bake Oven gender neutral?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:34 AM
  • 6 Replies
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:00 AM

GOOD IDEA!  I hate gender specific roles/careers.  My 5 yr old was telling me how yesterday the boys go to play basketball but that they had the girls be little cheerleaders!  That bothered the heck out of me because why the heck cant the girls play basketball with the boys too?!!

Most pastry chefs are actually men.

fla33023
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:24 AM
It's a good idea but I also wouldn't have had a problem buying my son a purple oven if he had wanted it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatmynameagain
by Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Good idea.
I don't see why they didn't just make it a neutral" color to begin with. There are as many men chefs as women.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:00 AM

I think they can do both. My girls like to have pink and purple stuff. I know there are probably boys that like the original design, just like there are girls that would prefer the new design. I don't see why we need to keep pushing the gender neutral everything. There is nothing wrong with having traditionally "girly" colors or "boy" colors. Why not make 3 designs? 3 different color schemes to choose from? There are a lot of toys that do that already. 

LadyBast
by Brenda on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Great idea, men to cook!

Fairegirl33
by Melissa on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:39 AM

i think it is a good idea... when my son was younger he loved to cook, i def would of bought one for him when he was young.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)