Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this is why i think the usa will survive!!!! people like this make you realize its not all bad.

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:13 AM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

Citizens Form Human Block To Keep Westboro Church From Protesting At Sandy Hook Funerals

Members of police and fire departments from as far away as New York City traveled to Newtown and Woodbury, Connecticut to stop a promised picket of today’s Sandy Hook funerals by the Westboro Baptist Church. The “Church,” certified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center, had promised to picket the funerals of the 20 children and six adults from the Sandy Hook Elementary School who died Friday at the hand of a lone gunman.

Westboro Baptist Church had posted to their picket schedule that they would be on hand for the funeral of Sandy hook Elementary School Principal Dawn Hochsprung. Reports stated that the Westboro Baptist Church members were in town but apparently didn’t venture out of their hotel because of what they saw.
“Hundreds of Motorcylists lined up on Wednesday to block and protest the possible protesters,” the Huffington Post reports:
“All these guys saw us and thought we were bad. We’re not. It’s solidarity, is what it is,” New York native Jim Hannigan told Newtown Patch. “I just felt I had to be here.”

More than 1000 riders from New York and Massachusetts, organized by the anti-Westboro group Patriot Guard Riders, were also in Connecticut on Wednesday to show their support, Patch reported. The lined the streets arm in arm to block any protesters that tried to cross the line.

On FDNY website, The Bravest, a posting asked firefighters and police officers to go to Newtown in plain clothes and block the protesters from the victims’ families and friends during the funeral processions.

The group Angel Action, which were ready to counter any Westboro Baptist Church protests at the funerals of the Tucson, Ariz., shooting victims in 2011, created a Facebook event to gather others to protect the Newtown funerals.

The hacktivist group Anonymous, which targeted Westboro after their threats to protest, revealed that members of Westboro were staying in Hartford, Conn., in a Motel 6 on Wednesday, according to the Examiner.

UPDATE: Newtown Patch reports that all those blocking any Westboro Baptist Church protesters have now left because the Westboro group is gone.
See More
Citizens Form Human Block To Keep Westboro Church From Protesting At Sandy Hook Funerals

Members of police and fire departments from as far away as New York City traveled to Newtown and Woodbury, Connecticut to stop a promised picket of today’s Sandy Hook funerals by the Westboro Baptist Church. The “Church,” certified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center, had promised to picket the funerals of the 20 children and six adults from the Sandy Hook Elementary School who died Friday at the hand of a lone gunman.

Westboro Baptist Church had posted to their picket schedule that they would be on hand for the funeral of Sandy hook Elementary School Principal Dawn Hochsprung. Reports stated that the Westboro Baptist Church members were in town but apparently didn’t venture out of their hotel because of what they saw. 

“Hundreds of Motorcylists lined up on Wednesday to block and protest the possible protesters,” the Huffington Post reports:
“All these guys saw us and thought we were bad. We’re not. It’s solidarity, is what it is,” New York native Jim Hannigan told Newtown Patch. “I just felt I had to be here.” 

More than 1000 riders from New York and Massachusetts, organized by the anti-Westboro group Patriot Guard Riders, were also in Connecticut on Wednesday to show their support, Patch reported. The lined the streets arm in arm to block any protesters that tried to cross the line.

On FDNY website, The Bravest, a posting asked firefighters and police officers to go to Newtown in plain clothes and block the protesters from the victims’ families and friends during the funeral processions.

The group Angel Action, which were ready to counter any Westboro Baptist Church protests at the funerals of the Tucson, Ariz., shooting victims in 2011, created a Facebook event to gather others to protect the Newtown funerals.

The hacktivist group Anonymous, which targeted Westboro after their threats to protest, revealed that members of Westboro were staying in Hartford, Conn., in a Motel 6 on Wednesday, according to the Examiner.

UPDATE: Newtown Patch reports that all those blocking any Westboro Baptist Church protesters have now left because the Westboro group is gone.
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Fairegirl33
by Melissa on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:19 AM
love it :))
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

While I am thrilled that these wonderful people blocked these aholes, it makes me sick these people exist. I hope the people fighting to get Westboro classified as a hate group succeed, because that is exactly who they are. Hateful, psychotic, wasted piles of pseudo human DNA. 

WendyJR
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Well you have to be a pretty bad group when the KKK protests you as well. I just do not understand how you could have so much hate in your heart and think that what you're doing is ok. We (the WBC and I) Obviously do not worship the same god.

Vinterland
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:53 AM

I can't believe they call it protesting, it's more like harassment. This should have been done from the start. They're beyond disrespectful, I can't believe they were ever allowed to do this at people's funerals. 

strictmomhere
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)