Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

March of Dimes, March For Babies

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:03 PM
  • 13 Replies

My cousin Ashley found out she was pregnant with her son, John Avery, in June 2012. She couldn’t have been happier, and I couldn’t have been happier for her. Well, in October her and her mom hit a deer and had a wreck, it was horrible. She went to the hospital in November because she was having contractions. They gave her a shot to stop them and sent her on her way. Later that month, she was back again.. This time only to find out she was in labor with John Avery. John Avery was born 3 months early and weighed 2.5 pounds. He was the smallest, cutest little baby in the world. As of today he weighs 4 pounds and gets to come home in 3 weeks. We are stoked!

The reason I told you this is because when I had my son Maddox in August I found out about March of Dimes. I was always thinking about if I wanted to do it or not. After my cousin’s son was born, I made my final decision. I am trying to raise money for the Pensacola Chapter of March of Dimes and walking with them in May. I would greatly appreciate your donation! Here is the URL to donate at: http://www.marchforbabies.org/Maddoxs_Mommy12

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyBast
by Brenda on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:06 PM

TFS

wingsfan1234
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:08 PM

where are you walking??  I am seriously considering as well.. We lost a little girl in July 2011 although she was still born and March of Dimes actually didn't help us what they do for babies that are born prematurely (what they would have helped us with if our daughter was born alive) is AMAZING  

Good luck!!! 

Mommy to two girls here on earth and one in Heaven watching over us

Maddoxs_Mommy12
by New Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:17 PM

We are walking in Pensacola! This is my first time doing this, so i'm nervous I won't reach my goal. But I am excited to be walking.

strictmomhere
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Ill help in a couple of days
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wingsfan1234
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:31 PM

think I"m going to talk to my husband and do some sort of family team for the Suncoast walk in New Port Richey

Maddoxs_Mommy12
by New Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom is going to walk with me this year. My sister likes to do charity events and volunteer, so maybe she will come out and do it with us too. I'm probably going to talk to my mom in doing a family team too. It would be nice.

wingsfan1234
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:36 PM

well it is official we are going to be walking in the Suncoast walk in May as well... just worried about raising the funds but I'm sure we can with all the support we have/had with our daughter I"m sure they'll do this for us 

fla33023
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:45 PM
You shouldn't be worried about raising enough as whatever you raise will be helpful! A few yrs ago, our group raised about $15,000...won't do it again though as the local office wasn't the easiest to work with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddoxs_Mommy12
by New Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Yay! Awesome!

Maddoxs_Mommy12
by New Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I'm trying to join a team, I don't work right now. So, it's hard for me to join a team.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)