Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Pls help me figure this out

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:27 PM
  • 8 Replies

I haven't worked since Oct 2009 and it's time I get back to work. My dilemma: We only have 1 car and my husband works about 35 min from home, leaves at 6:30. If I find a job, I would have to find a daycare/school for my almost 3 year old, drop her and then get to my job.  Would you look now w/o a car and figure out how to get to daycare and work if you got a job. Or do we need to save first and get a car so that all of this will be much easier. The public transportation here in South Florida is NOTHING like NY/NJ! What would you do?

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ysmgator
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I would look for a job and think of a temporary solution for transportation until the money is saved for another car. Once you have a job you would be able to put more money aside to cover the cost of a second car.

fygfitness_mom
by Chris on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I would look for a job and go from there. We were a one car household for a long while and my husband carpooled to work for a long time.

fla33023
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Makes the most sense, doesn't it? Thanks!

Quoting ysmgator:

I would look for a job and think of a temporary solution for transportation until the money is saved for another car. Once you have a job you would be able to put more money aside to cover the cost of a second car.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fla33023
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:13 PM
I think you're right. Thanks!

Quoting fygfitness_mom:

I would look for a job and go from there. We were a one car household for a long while and my husband carpooled to work for a long time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rjrambrocio
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I would find a job then work on getting a car. I'm in south Florida and i used to take two buses to get to work. It is not that hard once u get a hang of it is just time consuming
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LadyBast
by Brenda on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:13 PM

I think I would try to find a job close and walk and find a friend/neighbor you can trust to watch your daughter since you must need the money and have to go back to work..

Then after you get your taxes and caught up look for a car, that would be my advice.. Good luck!

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I don't have much to add, but good luck!

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jan. 7, 2013 at 6:51 PM
I agree. Best wishes and good luck! :)

Quoting fygfitness_mom:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN