Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone in Lakeland?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:54 AM
  • 14 Replies

I had posted before that we plan on moving to Florida - my husband just got a job offer in Lakeland, Florida.. Pro's? Con's? I see that the houses for rent are not nice at all, really bothers me.. how are the schools? Anything else I should know? Thanks.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dinimon
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:35 PM
I'm not in Lakeland but here's a bump.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
scarletlolita76
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I used to live there for three years I just moved away this past September!
I miss it dearly!! I really enjoyed living there! :) it definitely depends on where you live in Lakeland, when we first moved there we THOUGHT we found a great apartment but after only a couple months we realized it was a NIGHTMARE bc we were in a bad part of town. We finally got into a nice apartment over by the Lakeland Square Mall on north side. Which is where I worked. I REALLY enjoyed that :)
Good luck!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mari6443
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:49 PM
2 moms liked this
I used to live in Lakeland. My DH and I lived there for 5 years. There are great places to live, especially in south Lakeland. That is where we lived. So we are more familiar with south Lakeland than we are the north part. You just have to research where are the good places to live.
The schools are good, especially in south Lakeland. My dd went to Southwest Elementary, which is in south Lakeland. Hope this helps. You can PM me if you have any more questions. I will be happy to help you as best I can. I did love living in Lakeland. I miss it sometimes. But I hope everything works out for you!:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luisa621
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Thanks for the responses ladies! Very helpful!

MamaJessx3
by Jess on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:07 PM
3 moms liked this
I live about 5 minutes from Lakeland. We go there a lot! Lakeland has some really nice areas but it also has some rough areas, just depends on where you go. Same with the schools.
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Bump!
lisabones
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:15 AM
3 moms liked this

We live in South Lakeland. I grew up here and love it! We are not in a big congested city but we are a short drive from Tampa, Orlando, the beach, etc.  There are several schools so it would depend on where you live but I think that they are all decent schools. I am not really that familiar with the north side of town. 

MSROCKY
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Thanks because my family and I are planning to move in the Tampa area.   Lakeland was one of the areas I was considering but was skeptical because  I heard there was some bad areas...

Mari6443
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Same here! Where in south Lakeland do you live? We used to live by the now super Walmart on S. Fl. Ave. We used to shop there a lot and shop at that nice Publix by Five Guys. I love Lakeland! I miss it sometimes.

Quoting lisabones:

We live in South Lakeland. I grew up here and love it! We are not in a big congested city but we are a short drive from Tampa, Orlando, the beach, etc.  There are several schools so it would depend on where you live but I think that they are all decent schools. I am not really that familiar with the north side of town. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)