Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Have you seen the Purple Running Jerseys?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:05 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

I did it! I signed up to run my first half marathon with Team in Training. My goal is to run 13.1 miles in June and raise $5,000 to help find a cure for blood cancers like Leukemia! It's a huge goal, but no one person can cure cancer. It takes us all working together and I want to do my part to help.

I have been working for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society for the last year and I have met so many people and have heard so many  inspiring stories, but too many of them still do not have the ending I would hope for. I want to do my part to make a difference.I want to do. I will be wearing Purple. I will be part of the Team that has raised half a billion dollars for Cancer Research.

Track my progress at http://pages.teamintraining.org/sun/rnr13/Alyse

Thank you,

Alyse

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LadyBast
by Brenda on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:39 AM

WTG

I cannot run I have very bad knees.. Good luck!

MamaJessx3
by Jess on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:54 PM
That's amazing! I just ran my first half on Saturday and it benefitted that foundation. My dad was just diagnosed with leukemia last week and he's in the hospital getting chemo now. He'll be there for months. Next year my mom, dad and I all plan to run the half again as part of the team in training :) best of luck to you! And from the daughter of someone with leukemia, thank you for what you're doing!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Allyniki
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Quoting LadyBast:

WTG

I cannot run I have very bad knees.. Good luck!

You don't have to run to help. I will do the running for you. You can help by donating to the cause. http://pages.teamintraining.org/sun/rnr13/Alyse

Allyniki
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Quoting MamaJessx3:

That's amazing! I just ran my first half on Saturday and it benefitted that foundation. My dad was just diagnosed with leukemia last week and he's in the hospital getting chemo now. He'll be there for months. Next year my mom, dad and I all plan to run the half again as part of the team in training :) best of luck to you! And from the daughter of someone with leukemia, thank you for what you're doing!

It's people like you that I've met along the way that have inspired me to help myself. I feel like I earn Karma points by working at LLS, but I wanted to take that extra step and raise money too. I will keep your dad in my thoughts and prayers. In fact, whats his name?  (you can message it to me if you like). I will add it my purple jersey :).

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome!

MamaJessx3
by Jess on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you :) his name is David Butcher.

Quoting Allyniki:

Quoting MamaJessx3:

It's people like you that I've met along the way that have inspired me to help myself. I feel like I earn Karma points by working at LLS, but I wanted to take that extra step and raise money too. I will keep your dad in my thoughts and prayers. In fact, whats his name?  (you can message it to me if you like). I will add it my purple jersey :).

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Allyniki
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:03 PM

It's such an amazing experience. My first race will be in June, but as staff I got to see the Disney participants finish in January. I felt like a proud mama seeing them all come so far! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)