Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to Florida Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Florida Moms group!

This is a great place to make friends, seek support and advice, and have fun with other moms who live in Florida like you! :)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice daySteph

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Replies (21-30):
LMEMomma05
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:22 AM
I'm definitely enjoying the warmer weather. Our hometown (Norfolk, VA), got some snow over the weekend. Glad we were here. Not a big fan of the snow. We went to Clearwater a couple Weeks ago (right when we first got here), nice area. Nice to meet you Megan! :)

Quoting meganm2508:

Quoting LMEMomma05:

Hey all!! I'm Katie, 28 we just moved here (tampa, Macdill AFB area) two Weeks ago from Virginia. I am excited to meet some Mommys my age and hang out. I have an almost 2 yr old little man. And I'm married.

Hey Katie...Im Megan....How do you like FL so far? I live in Clearwater which is just over the bridge.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MaileysMommy
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Hi Megan :) We're moving back for good. We've only been away for about 4 months, and it's been 4 months too long lol. 

Quoting meganm2508:

Quoting MaileysMommy:

Hello :) My name is Amanda. I'm 22 and a sahm to a 2 y/o little girl, and one more on the way! I am from the Tampa bay area, and just recently my family moved to Mississippi :( We miss Florida SO much, we're headed back mid Feb. to beautiful Clearwater :) Hope to meet some new friends. 

Are you moving back to Clearwater or just visiting? I live near Clearwater now. My name is Megan and Im 24 with a 4yr old daughter.

Mari6443
by Marissa on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Hi Megan! I live in the Brandon area. But we live really close to I-4, so we are not far from Tampa. Where near Clearwater do you live?

Quoting meganm2508:

Quoting Mari6443:

Hi ladies! My name is Marissa. I am married and have 2 kids. I have spent most of my growing up years in central Florida. I was born in Puerto Rico but my family and I moved to Florida in the early 80's, after my dad got a job at Disney. My DH and I live near Tampa. And I am 36 years old.:-)

Hey Marissa...Im Megan. I live near Clearwater. Where about near Tampa do you live?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tigger420_4
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi I'm 29 and I have 3 kids. I'm a single mom. I live in polk county. Would love to make new friends.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Hi and welcome to the group! This is a great place to make friends, and if you haven't yet, you should also check out the Single Moms group, too:

Quoting tigger420_4:

Hi I'm 29 and I have 3 kids. I'm a single mom. I live in polk county. Would love to make new friends.

Brandy042088
by New Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey everyone. My name is Brandy I am amost 25 (April) and I have a almost 5 yr old DS (March) Michael is hi name. and an almost 2 yr old DD (April) Adina is her name.

My DH is in the Navy and we live in Orange Park. We have been in FL for about 4 years now! Nice to meet you all.

Jejomiky
by New Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Mari6443:

Hi Megan! I live in the Brandon area. But we live really close to I-4, so we are not far from Tampa. Where near Clearwater do you live?

Quoting meganm2508:

Quoting Mari6443:

Hi ladies! My name is Marissa. I am married and have 2 kids. I have spent most of my growing up years in central Florida. I was born in Puerto Rico but my family and I moved to Florida in the early 80's, after my dad got a job at Disney. My DH and I live near Tampa. And I am 36 years old.:-)

Hey Marissa...Im Megan. I live near Clearwater. Where about near Tampa do you live?

I'm currently in Plant City! (Not by choice-work) but we lived in Wesley Chapel for 3 years and I miss it. I'm in Brandon ALOT!! 

Jennifer-Tampa Bay

norina888
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi my name is Tina and mother of 3.  I am a stay at home mom and give piano lessons to anyone interested in the Viera area.  If you are interested, please write me. My hobbies include cooking.  Actually that is my favorite.  I love recipes and am always searching for them online anywhere I can find any. Anyway wish you all a good day.

Susan3kids
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm Susan, live in Central Florida. SIngle mom of 3 kids and 2 grandkids. 

bojolinda
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't remember if I did an intro, but things may have changed since then.

I'm in Brevard County, about 12 miles from Cocoa Beach. My husband is a truck driver (not the profession when I originally married him, jobs are scarce around here). I had two stepkids and a daughter at home, but my stepson moved out last year and my stepdaughter graduated and also moved. I also have a stepson from my late-husband, but he is much older and lives on the other coast of Florida.

I'm at home with my daughter and her 3-year old twin boys (and a German shephard, 3 cats, f/w and s/w fish...). I'm a Florida native, born in southern Brevard, and grew up in Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach as well as West Palm Beach and Hollywood (my parents were divorced in the 70s and that is where my dad and his parents lived). My brother still lives in WPB.

We've traveled all over the state and I'm familiar with a lot of it and been to many places, if anyone needs to know about different places (like annual passes and specials, etc.). I watch for deals and love to do affordable stuff - January we took the twins to the Jacksonville Zoo on a $2 day. It is 100 miles away, but the affordable admission made up for it. I also like to watch for $5 days at Zoo Miami, although that is a much longer trip so we don't go as often.

Linda in Central Florida

twin boys

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)