Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Strawberry Festival

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:36 PM
  • 18 Replies
Who has gone? I'm thinking of taking my kids (ages 9 & 12) for the first time this year and not sure what to expect. I assume you can purchase flats of strawberries there, but are they expensive to get there? Anything to avoid or must do?
I think we will skip the concerts.
If you have been, what is your experience? Is there parking fees?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FlyingMonkey
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Its so much fun! We haven't been in the past 2yrs, our schedules were to busy around that time. I have 3 boys under 8 and they have a blast.
Tons of different vendors sell strawberries prices vary but are reasonable. Tickets are cheaper thru Sweetbay. Parking is usually between $10-20 depending where you park. They make the best strawberry short cake too :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJessx3
by Jess on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:36 PM
I've been multiple times every year for the past 27 years. I grew up in plant city. There are parking fees, but the further u park away the better. The concerts are awesome! The midway is tons of fun for kids. Bring plenty of spending money for games, rides and food! We easily go through $100 a day not including admission.
MamaJessx3
by Jess on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Parking isn't $10-$20 either, it's usually between 5-10. And if u want berries your best bet is to buy from vendors outside the festival. They're usually much cheaper outside the gates and just as good.
TAG_ur_it
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:52 PM

i haven't been since 2004. i am no help lol.  

Javamom00
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I can't wait to go. this will be my first time. Don't know what to expect. I hope I can see a concert, don't think my boys would let me enjoy it without commenting on how can I like country music the whole time there. LOL

Mari6443
by Marissa on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:15 PM
The first and last time I went was in 2003. It wasn't that great of an experience. We pretty much skipped the concerts too. Those cost extra. But the festival is always packed. It's hard to find parking. But some businesses and residents will charge a small fee for parking on their property. The food is good. But I didn't care for anything else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wingsfan1234
by Amy on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:16 PM

never been there but hoping to go this year!

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:50 AM

what? where? when??

strictmomhere
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Sounds fun
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJessx3
by Jess on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Just to elaborate on the concerts, it costs extra for reserved seating, but you can always walk up and sit in the grandstands for free.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)