Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

really need help

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:01 AM
  • 13 Replies
For the last like half hour my baby has been throwing up pretty much all the breastmilk I have given him. I burped him right after feeding him and he did burp really well. What worries me is that he gets very upset and like retches and gaga and then throws up a lot of what defiantly is breastmilk and some flem with it. There's just so much coming out within the last half hour and it really looks like someone vomiting with all the gagging and the fake vomiting people do. He's doing all that and I've watched babies before and I know what spit up looks like when happening and this looks painful and not spit up. Please help I'm worried for my son. Oh and he's almost 3 Weeks old
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fla33023
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Call your pediatrician.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WendyJR
by Wendy on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Call your doc

dawnie1
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Call your pediatrician.

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Call your doctor!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lukee
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:42 AM

absolutely call--it is scary but most things can be corrected if addressed immediately

Cafe Steph
by Steph on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

He could have a worse case of reflux than most babies. Something like 80% of all babies have reflux, which causes spitting up, but if it's more than a little bit like you're describing, you should definitely call your pediatrician to get him seen. Treatment could be as simple as changing your diet, or he may require medication, but the pediatrician will be able to figure it out. ((HUGS)) and keep us posted.

strictmomhere
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:57 AM
 Call your pediatrician. ASAP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dinimon
by Diana on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Call the pedi!
Is he congested? Drake pukes when he's congested.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommytolas
by Tricia on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Cylar had something similar when he was a few weeks old. He'd picked up a stomach bug going around my older kids school even though they did not get sick themselves. It was very very important not to let him get dehydrated so since our peds office was closing they sent us to another base that had urgent care just to be sure he didn't dehydrate. I would see a doctor right away even if it is the ER. It's always,better to be safe,than sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Agree

Quoting Mommytolas:

Cylar had something similar when he was a few weeks old. He'd picked up a stomach bug going around my older kids school even though they did not get sick themselves. It was very very important not to let him get dehydrated so since our peds office was closing they sent us to another base that had urgent care just to be sure he didn't dehydrate. I would see a doctor right away even if it is the ER. It's always,better to be safe,than sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN