Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

What does your kid do to drive you crazy around the house?

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:59 PM
  • 8 Replies

5 Things My Teenager Does (and Doesn’t Do) to Slowly Zap My Sanity (PHOTOS)

Posted by Janelle Harris on January 24, 2013

Teen Girl
Someone is moving into the apartments above and next door to mine, and during the day, there is an infernal symphony of banging, clanging, and knocking around. And still, I can’t imagine that the whirlwind of activity could produce a mess greater than the one that lurks just a few feet down the hallway in Teen Child’s room. Homegirl knows how to trash the joint like a rock star—and at Guinness record pace, too.

I’ll walk by at like 3:30 just before she gets home from school, and a mere half hour later, it’ll look like the aftermath of a megasale in the juniors' department. Clothes everywhere, shoes all over the place, and my jaw hinging to my collarbone in disbelief.

I’ve had to learn how to pick my daily battles, however. I’d drive both of us crazy hollering about the same thing like clockwork. But that doesn’t mean I won’t wring my hands to the teen parenting gods—why oh why can’t she just put the coat on a hanger? and other pleas of mercy—and make them fodder for a blog post. A mama’s gotta vent. 

Garbage
She makes architectural structures out of the garbage instead of, like, taking it out.

She doesn’t feel like putting all of the clean laundry away, so she’ll just toss some of it back in with the dirty stuff. Angelic.

She rides the bandwagon for a food, requests it religiously on the grocery store run, eats it so ravenously I have a hard time keeping it in stock, then without any warning or explanation, abandons it to the back of a cabinet or the fridge. (Seriously, 12 grapes? She couldn’t eat these last 12 grapes?)

Paper towels
She gets close to replacing empty paper towel/toilet paper rolls/tissue boxes ... but not quite.

She leaves a flea’s swig of juice in the bottle, just enough to quench the front part of my tongue.

What does your kid do to drive you crazy around the house?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Oh gosh I hate the no drink left.Jim does that and he is grown lol.

Dinimon
by Diana on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:36 PM
She chooses a goodyo eat and once it's ready she wants to eat something else.
She's also got this bad habit of playing with EVERY toy in the house. Momma has to put them all away. She will help but not always.
She's only 3 though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
leighp1
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess my biggest pet peave is the coming in the door and kicking off their shoes.  My youngest walks out of hers and that is where they stay.  The older one, well she takes them off and they are left where ever.  DRIVES ME CRAZY.  I keep mine by the front door.  Easy access when I need to go outside.  Oh and the other one that drives me totally crazy (it drove my mom crazy too) is the teenage EYE ROLL!!!!  She claims she doesn't know she is doing it, but I just don't believe that. 

Now saying all that, I really do have good kids and wouldn't change anything (well except for what i posted above). 

DzineMama
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:37 PM

1. Headphones... Wears headphone ALWAYS. Can never hear anything or anyone!

2. Excuses... When being reprimanded, stops you to explain why its not their fault or it doesn't apply to them.

3. Houdini... I hate walking into a room and seeing where a teen was standing and now has disappeared leaving their shoes, pants, shirt, bag, etc... in a pile in the middle of a pathway.

4. Hoarding... pockets filled with trash, book bags filled with trash, everything shoved in closets and under the bed.

5. Teen Logic... nuff said. It's very extreme, expressive, and filled with hormonal angst.

DzineMama
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Wait I forgot

6. Can't find anything... its like they wear imaginary glasses that keeps them from finding anything even if its right under their nose.

sheri305
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:13 PM

My son,his room,always a mess,drive me mad

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Same with my 10 yr old son at times.

Quoting sheri305:

My son,his room,always a mess,drive me mad

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Leave their wet towels on the floor,dont pick up after themselves.Leave lights on

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN