Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Yay!!! I'm excited! ** Interview update**Don't have to wait anymore!***Update in dark blue***

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:00 PM
  • 47 Replies

I have a job interview tomorrow morning!!!! They saw my resume on careerbuilder.com and called and said they wanted to set up an interview...I didnt even apply to them =] I really really hope this will be the end of my bad luck with jobs!!! =]

Well just wanted to share my excitement cant hold it in anymore lol wish me luck! =]

Thanks ladies!! The interview went really good!! She still has a couple more interviews to do so I'm going to call her monday morning to find out if I get the job! =] Its going to be a loooonnnngggg weekend lol

But I saw some of you were concerned about it being a scam...and I just wanted to let you know its NOT a scam the job (if I get it) will be with Florida eye clinic...its located inside Health Central Hospital and in the next 6 months they'll be moving to a bigger location across the street from the hospital. ...

Well I'll let you ladies know what I find out Monday =] I'm just keeping my fingers crossed til then =]

No more waiting!!!!! I just got the call....I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!! =]

She's submitting my paperwork so they can do the background check Monday then they'll contact me by wednesday so I can go in and finish the paperwork and do the training videos so she's hoping I'll start next Thursday or Friday if not definately the following Monday!!! So next week I'll be busy getting daycare situated and the scrubs I'll wear to work!!! =] I'm so excited and Thanks ladies for all your best wishes =]

Well I know its been a while since I was on here last...here's my update I ended up working for just shy of my 90 day review when they decided they didnt 'need' me anymore. So as of the middle of April I have been unemployed once again. I have been applying everywhere I possibly can and still no luck. So I'm looking into going back to school for Vet Tech. I am just happy I have a Fiance who is so supportive and just wants me to be happy with whatever I decide to do. I guess everything happens for a reason and I'm hoping this is a good one. Guess we'll see what happens next. confusedembarrassed

in lovetoddler boy

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaysmom2002
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Yay congrats & good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fla33023
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats! Did you check out the company? Just asking because insurance companies troll those boards for sales jobs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Congrats.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mari6443
by Marissa on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Yay! Good luck! Hope all goes well for you!:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mari6443
by Marissa on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:08 PM
And congratulations!!!:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RLSMOM59
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I have gotten several responses within a couple of days from insurance companies. Aflac is looking for Benefit Reps. I forget the name of the other one but what I responded with questions I haven't heard anything since.

Quoting fla33023:

Congrats! Did you check out the company? Just asking because insurance companies troll those boards for sales jobs.

fla33023
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:34 PM
I've heard from American Income and Bankers Life, both sales. And they don't do interviews, they give presentations. Big difference.

Quoting RLSMOM59:

I have gotten several responses within a couple of days from insurance companies. Aflac is looking for Benefit Reps. I forget the name of the other one but what I responded with questions I haven't heard anything since.

Quoting fla33023:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RLSMOM59
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:49 PM

This organization does presentation in homes and you work on commission. You are responsible for paying for your training, testing, and licensing. I believe the headquarters is in Melbourne FL. Be very careful! I've done that one too and they "sell" insurance.

Quoting fla33023:

I've heard from American Income and Bankers Life, both sales. And they don't do interviews, they give presentations. Big difference.

Quoting RLSMOM59:

Quoting fla33023:

fla33023
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:28 PM
I don't go to anything like that. My resume has zero sales experience. It's something I've never been interested in. But I'm sure in this market, many people have to go outside their comfort zones.

Quoting RLSMOM59:

This organization does presentation in homes and you work on commission. You are responsible for paying for your training, testing, and licensing. I believe the headquarters is in Melbourne FL. Be very careful! I've done that one too and they "sell" insurance.

Quoting fla33023:

Quoting RLSMOM59:

Quoting fla33023:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TAG_ur_it
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:30 PM

if it's for liberty mutual, don't do it.  i've been on the calling end of those calls.  they call dozens of people a day, qualified or not.  you basically work for free, have to pay to get your license and depend on cold calling from a list provided to you.  it's a crock of shit and i wish i hadn't wasted my time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)