Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms
Do any of you know a good site I could go to to find houses for rent in Orlando? Specifically around the UCF area.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Replies (21-27):
strictmomhere
by Nan on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Hope you find the perfect house
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loveTHEviking
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:48 AM

That's where we always look.

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Have you tried Craigslist?

Ginnygurl97
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Where are you moving from? Waterford/Oviedo is close to UCF. But we just did the house search :-( we currently live in Sanford, but need to be closer to DFs work. We really wanted a house as we have an 8 yr old n a new baby. We were looking for the same. 3/4 br, no more than $1100. We did Craigslist, rent.com, forrent.com, yahoo, google, and 3 realty offices. I might be a little picky, but for the areas we want, and the size we would like, plus we have 2 bigger dogs, there really wasn't much for us, and the fact that most private owners and realty agents we spoke to wanted first, last, and one months rent for security to move in. And I'm not really looking to spend over half our taxes on moving this year as I'm still on maternity leave. :-( we ended up going w another apt in casselberry. It's a larger community and they 3 br and 2 br w a den and a loft town home. And the rent is below our price range. They have great floor plans, and short term leases. The schools I don't know, we use the ex husband's address since we knew we'd only be in Sanford a year. But I hear they are good. Seminole county is much better than Orange County. If you want any info PM me. Like I said, between houses and apts, we must have looked at 50 different properties. I'm not from Florida, but DF was born n raised here, so he knows the area extremely well if you're not familiar w it. Good luck and feel free to contact me if you need to! :-)
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump!
EleventeenQueen
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Thanks! I'm currently in Sanford and we need to move closer to UCF for my DH's schooling. We've been here just shy of 2 years. I'll pm you and get the details on the apartment that you're in. :)

Quoting Ginnygurl97:

Where are you moving from? Waterford/Oviedo is close to UCF. But we just did the house search :-( we currently live in Sanford, but need to be closer to DFs work. We really wanted a house as we have an 8 yr old n a new baby. We were looking for the same. 3/4 br, no more than $1100. We did Craigslist, rent.com, forrent.com, yahoo, google, and 3 realty offices. I might be a little picky, but for the areas we want, and the size we would like, plus we have 2 bigger dogs, there really wasn't much for us, and the fact that most private owners and realty agents we spoke to wanted first, last, and one months rent for security to move in. And I'm not really looking to spend over half our taxes on moving this year as I'm still on maternity leave. :-( we ended up going w another apt in casselberry. It's a larger community and they 3 br and 2 br w a den and a loft town home. And the rent is below our price range. They have great floor plans, and short term leases. The schools I don't know, we use the ex husband's address since we knew we'd only be in Sanford a year. But I hear they are good. Seminole county is much better than Orange County. If you want any info PM me. Like I said, between houses and apts, we must have looked at 50 different properties. I'm not from Florida, but DF was born n raised here, so he knows the area extremely well if you're not familiar w it. Good luck and feel free to contact me if you need to! :-)
Outrageous
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I live right around Avalon.. close to UCF .. Craigslist is a good place .. I own 2 homes around here and I post on CL all the time... popular for renters/landlords..... and you avoid the realtor fee... 

Avalon area, but depends on your price... I know in Cypress Lakes, on 419/Chuluota and in the Wedgefield community (520) you can get 3/4 bedrooms for around $1100 -1300 ... I have a house in Wedgefield.. the Elemetary and Middle schools are A schools, the high school is a B ... only thing to be aware of .. if you choose a home in a community, such as Cypress Lakes, it is really close to the schools so you will not have bus transportation ... Wedgefield community is more than 2 miles so you would have bus transportation... It may not be an issue but for some working parents who cannot drive their kids to school, it is an issue...

I would stay away from the west part of UCF (50 area)  ... feel free to message if you have questions...

EleventeenQueen
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Thanks! I've found a few houses close to UCF. Kinda by 408, off of colonial. I drive my kids to school now because the schools are too far to walk to, but I don't mind walking at all. I'll look in that area. Thanks again! 

Quoting Outrageous:

I live right around Avalon.. close to UCF .. Craigslist is a good place .. I own 2 homes around here and I post on CL all the time... popular for renters/landlords..... and you avoid the realtor fee... 

Avalon area, but depends on your price... I know in Cypress Lakes, on 419/Chuluota and in the Wedgefield community (520) you can get 3/4 bedrooms for around $1100 -1300 ... I have a house in Wedgefield.. the Elemetary and Middle schools are A schools, the high school is a B ... only thing to be aware of .. if you choose a home in a community, such as Cypress Lakes, it is really close to the schools so you will not have bus transportation ... Wedgefield community is more than 2 miles so you would have bus transportation... It may not be an issue but for some working parents who cannot drive their kids to school, it is an issue...

I would stay away from the west part of UCF (50 area)  ... feel free to message if you have questions...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)