Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

I am livid...WARNING CURSING

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:02 PM
  • 17 Replies

So for a few months we had a close family friend staying with us,while he was here he fixed broken computers for a living. Well about a month ago we kicked him out because he started using drugs and we will not tolerate that around the kids. So fast forward to today. A lady shows up looking for him. I say he has moved out.End of story right? NO. This woman goes on to say he has her computer and she needs it back. I inform her he does not live here and I do not have her computer,I do not know where he is living but I have his phone number. This lady says she is going to call the police....Fine.Well she goes on to threaten me and my kids life and push in my door.I grabbed my kids and went to the office and called police. I am super irate, This is something that has nothing to do with me or my children and I am drug right into the bullshit. The cops came and took both of our statements and told her she needs to pursue him civally,I am worried this bitch is going to try to start even more shit but I am hoping she is done with it. Ugh I am so stressed out I could just scream.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thePBandJmom
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:04 PM

This kind of thing is the reason I always have my taser on me when I open the door to someone I don't know.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I know I should have had something,Jim was not home and when he got there he asked me why I even opened the door. I had seen her before so I assumed she was looking for another repair or something I was not expecting that at all.

GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Unfortunately, it's part of helping people. We've had similar issues. I refuse to extend my home to people unless they are good friends and even that is limited. I'm sure the woman figured out that he doesn't live there and that you don't have anything more to do with him. She's lucky you didn't file charges against her. I'm sure there's a few you could have gotten her on. 

fla33023
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:38 PM
I agree with above poster. She'll probably leave you alone because she should realize now you have nothing to do with it. And if she does comes back, her ass will be headed to jail. Did you call your friend and let him know?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fla33023
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I can understand that. Why would you think a person wouldn't understand that dude isn't there and you don't have her computer? She's dumb too because she doesn't know you or what state of crazy you may be!

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

I know I should have had something,Jim was not home and when he got there he asked me why I even opened the door. I had seen her before so I assumed she was looking for another repair or something I was not expecting that at all.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I tried to call but the number was disconnected.I did give it to the police though.

Quoting fla33023:

I agree with above poster. She'll probably leave you alone because she should realize now you have nothing to do with it. And if she does comes back, her ass will be headed to jail. Did you call your friend and let him know?

fla33023
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Well if he was into drugs, you know what happened to that computer. And his actions cost him a safe place to stay.

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

I tried to call but the number was disconnected.I did give it to the police though.

Quoting fla33023:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheri305
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:07 PM

So sorry you are going through that.Sometime you cant even help people without backlash like thqt,Smh.I hope she take the officer advice and just solve it in a civil manner.If she physically assault you @ your home,you have the right to defend yourself without a repercussion.Hopefully it doesnt result to that.Best wishes

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:29 AM

I'd file a rrestraining order against both of them for sure. So sorry this happened. ;-( very glad you all are okay!! 

Dinimon
by Diana on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:37 AM
I would be pissed too!
If she's smart, she'll back off and leave you alone after the cops told her its civil.
I would call him and ask him why the fuck you're drug into his shit!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN