Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Really?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:33 AM
  • 22 Replies

So, we went out for dinner last night with some friends to one of my DH and DD's favorite restaurant, a Japanese one.

Food was good, however, my DH's friend's wife always has issues with her meals, no matter the restaurant, there is always an issue; mostly is because she doesn't read all the info about what she is ordering , or she doesn't pay attention to the waiter, assumes something that wasn't said or doesn't ask questions...

Yesterday she ordered fried rice, in the menu it said it had vegetables in it; when it came she tried it and returned it because it had onions in it.... then the waiter told her that she will still be charged for it or  he would have to pay for it, that it was the restaurant's policy.

As I stated before, she ALWAYS has issues and returns at least one dish per outting and she is never charged for it, but we had never been told what this waiter said.

Has anything like this ever happened to you?

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbirdsladie27
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:35 AM
No
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:39 PM

No. I haven't heard that one before. It does make sense though if it states it on the menu and when she gets it, it's as stated on the menu and she returns it for that. It's a wasted meal and she needs to be more careful of how she orders. Did she get charged for it at the end?  I hate people like that.

My husband says that his ex-wife is like that and that she learned it from her father. Everytime he'd go out with them, it was always an issue. They mostly do it to get a free meal out of it. Not sure how that works but maybe that restaurant is tired of cheapskates. 

truelove813
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Why shouldnt she have to pay for it? She was the one dumb enough to order something without reading the description or knowing what it was.  It most definitely should not be the waiters responsibility to pay for it. She screwed up, she should pay. 

artemisa3001
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:49 PM

She didn't get charged, I guess the waiter had to pay for it?

I agree with you, I want to die every time she does it.

One time in a greek restaurant she asked what was in the Greek salad, among ingredients, lettuce was never mentioned, she ordered it and then returned it because it didn't have lettuce... she ASSUMED it had lettuce because ALL salads do.

SMH

Dinimon
by Diana on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Oh god she would drive me nuts! I work in a restaurant and I get people like her all the time. It makes keeping customers happy really hard for us.
I've never had to pay for a customers meal and we can usually take off what ever was wrong, in some cases we won't though. I can see why some restaurants would make you do it though.
LadyBast
by Brenda on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Nope I do not eat out and I would know before I ordered... Wow she sounds really bad!

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:24 PM
I couldn't agree more!

Quoting truelove813:

Why shouldnt she have to pay for it? She was the one dumb enough to order something without reading the description or knowing what it was.  It most definitely should not be the waiters responsibility to pay for it. She screwed up, she should pay. 

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Oh wow.No I have never experienced that before.

lukee
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:21 AM

I am married to her brother--he does not do that out but at home I hear--well you know if you did such and such or next time you should --my favorite is -this is really good --the best I ever ate of this was at. As for the lady in question I believe I would find new dinner companions--dinner out should be fun not stressful

TAG_ur_it
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:48 AM

i woulnd't go out to eat with them anymore.  period.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN