Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Missing children in Miami

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:49 PM
  • 7 Replies

MIAMI (WSVN)  -- Police are searching for a woman who took off with two young boys.

The incident occurred at around 5 p.m. in the area of 132nd Street and Northeast Seventh Avenue in North Miami, Monday.

According to police, Charmaine Bonilla went to run several errands and left her sons, 3-year-old Rey and 5-year-old Daren, with a babysitter. The babysitter let the boys leave with a woman who claimed to be an acquaintance to the mother. "She told the babysitter, basically I need to take these children somewhere," said North Miami Police Detective Felix Guadarrama, "and before the babysitter can stop her, they were in the car and gone."

Police are now searching for a woman known to the family as "Gloria" or "Gigi," who is accused of taking off with the two boys in a silver sport utility vehicle. "Since then, we haven't been able to locate that woman or the children," said Guadarrama.

Tuesday morning Charmaine Bonilla said that though she hasn't heard from her children she does not believe they are in danger. "We haven't been able to contact them. We have no information on them. We believe they're safe. Don't think there's any harm but we don't have anything to tell you," she said.

She went on to say that the person who has her sons wouldn't harm them. Charmaine Bonilla is now distraught after already having her daughter removed from her care by Department of Children and Families prior to this incident. "How do I feel, I lose my two boys and they take my little girl," she said.

Daren was last seen wearing a blue and yellow Sponge Bob shirt with blue basketball shorts. Rey was seen wearing a light blue and red shirt with red basket ball shorts.

North Miami Police have gone door to door, speaking to residents in the complex where the boys are said to have stayed with their mother. "I don't even know who these kids are. I mean, I live in the area but I don't know who these kids are," said Maks Terrametis. "I just saw cops knocking on my door, knocking on everyone's door asking for descriptions and taking down people's information."

If you have any information on the whereabouts of these boys, call 1800-FL-MISSING or Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS. Remember, you can always remain anonymous, and you may be eligible for a reward.

(Copyright 2013 by Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Read more: http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21009773216839/police-search-for-missing-boys/#ixzz2K31oL4Vj

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
gmadiane
by gmadiane on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:04 PM

this always makes me so sad

loveTHEviking
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:05 PM

This is heartbreaking! I do hope they find those babies :(!!

toddler boybaby boy

Mommy to Ian & Thomas

fla33023
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this
They found them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dinimon
by Diana on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:42 PM
That's awesome!

Quoting fla33023:

They found them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Nan on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Glad they found them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Quoting fla33023:

They found them.

That's great!

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Thank heavens they were found!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)