Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Brandon RIverview area

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:08 AM
  • 6 Replies

In May I will be moving to Brandon area. My son is already in a private Christian school in Riverview. Where are the best middle schools and high schools in the area. Riverview did not seem to have great ratings for their schools, public. My older two have been in public schools since first grade. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly.

~Melany

My boys are my the beginning of the memories that are making the stories of my life.

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JLo1486
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Not too sure about Brandon. I'm from Lakeland.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Javamom00
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I live at Parke 33 right now in Lakeland. My middle schoolers attend Lake Gibson Middle. The stuff that they come home telling me worries me:(

Quoting JLo1486:

My boys are my the beginning of the memories that are making the stories of my life.

JLo1486
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:45 AM
One of the only middle schools I didnt attend lol. Why are you moving to Brandon?

Quoting Javamom00:

I live at Parke 33 right now in Lakeland. My middle schoolers attend Lake Gibson Middle. The stuff that they come home telling me worries me:(

Quoting JLo1486:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Javamom00
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:52 AM

My new job is in Brandon. Restaurant Manager=Crazy hours. Dont like the area we live in. We moved here from RI this summer. Where I am located my kids (both 12) have learned way more than they have needed to at their age. One of my chilrdren has been a shining star in school with Highest honors since 2nd grade. He is in 7th now. Since moving and going to that school is has been nothing more than trouble. One of my kids is white, the other is black. (that attend middle school) and they come home telling me that the kids at school are going throught he corridors yelling white power, fights between races before and after the bus. Scary....

LadyBast
by Brenda on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:16 PM

There are more than 1 school in Riverview there are 2 new ones but you may have to take them they can transfer to any school you provide transportation and I would call the schools, I live in E Tampa/Riverview area or Brandon I am so close to all by Tampa addy....

I know the area or some of it and had friends that their kids were in school too, some good some fair! But they can be moved too...

Javamom00
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Thank you ladyBast. Any suggestions on what school and which area to live:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)