Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you make for meals? (:

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:28 PM
  • 10 Replies

I need some extra ideas for all 3 important meals of the day. I need new ideas instead of the same old thing everday. Even if it's not really creative. Crock pot recipes included. Dessert, snacks, whichever. I love cooking & baking but I'm more of a baker just need to spice it up a little bit w/ the family.<3

Please & thank yous.<3

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

we do variations of waffles or pancakes or omlettes for breakfast.

lunch we like doing pitas or wraps.  

italian wedding soup is really easy.  

apple pie cake, chocolate pb cupcakes, pineapple upside down cake.. 

by Linnette on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I make a lot of soups, casseroles--mainly cuz I am lazy--usually make enough for more than one meal. Eg: roast chicken--eat some for dinner with rice potatoes whatever then take leftover chicken and make enchiladas and most times enough to make a little chicken salad for lunch--can take leftover chicken and make fake crab cakes--chicken wild rice and mushroom cream soup. I dislike eating same old same old all the time--oh if making mac and cheese I use up all the odds and ends of cheese I have in fridge--have made mac and cheese with pumpkin in it also then can add ham or bacon --how about making cheese steaks using roast beef with mushrooms, onions , cheese--I use beef stock(College Inn) to make gravy--taking some of that stock to add to beef stew --can look in cupboard and make a short list and post in search on net and often can get a few recipes back--one of which sure to tickle taste buds 

by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Yummm! That all sounds so delicious. Wonderful ideas.
Chocolate peanut butter cupcakes sounds bangin'.
& all those ideas to make from left overs is great.
It's hard for me to ever make use of left overs.
But also the pitas/wraps. Delicious.!
Thank you so much, ladies.

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:33 PM
I'm boring for breakfasts: cereal, waffles, bacon/eggs, breakfast burritos, pastries, etc.

Lunch-I don't eat it usually but i pack my dd:

Raviolis, Mac and cheese, peanut butter or nutella Sammies, ham and cheese rolls, mini weenies in a blanket, quesadillas, or if I'm really lazy, lunch ables

Dinner: Homemade pizzas, BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, ribs, lasagna, chicken pot pie, chicken tacos or taco bake, broccoli and cheese soup, chicken soup...

That's all I can think of atm
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Yummm delicious thank you! Breakfast burritos sound amazing!
How do you make taco bake?

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I go on Pinterest or all recipes app for my meal planning ideas.
by Brenda on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Breakfast is easy cereal but we have a snack after a banana and some yogurt.

Lunch tuna, PB&J, chicken salad w/apple in it or left over what ever we have..

Dinner I like to use the crock pot also so I have more than one meal, I will do chicken and use the left overs for what ever, dumplings etc... I buy a roast and do carrots & potatoes and then we have beef & noodles one night and then ?? I just think it is much easier..

Deserts I do only low fat so banana bread, cakes made low fat or just apples, fruit we love it, strawberries are in season and blueberries too so we add those to yogurt and granola too.. We eat a variety but all is low fat and good for us..

another thing is soups w/rice/mashed potatoes etc.. Nice fast easy meal too!

by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I go on pinterest, too. Was curious how mamas switch it up lol.

All the healthy stufff sound so good!! Thank you!

by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:17 PM
2 moms liked this

I hope this works.  I copied and pasted it.  I am telling you, this is mine and my husband's favorite food now

Soooo yummy!!  (eating leftovers of it from last night. I can't tell if it's better the second day or not.  LOL)

P.F. Chang’s Lettuce Wraps

Print this recipe!

Serves 2-3

1lb ground chicken breast
1/2 medium onion, minced
salt & pepper, a dash of each
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 inch nob fresh ginger, peeled & minced
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
2 1/2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 Tablespoon water
1 Tablespoon natural peanut butter
1/2 Tablespoon honey
1 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce (or more if you like it hotter)
dash of fresh pepper
3 green onions, chopped
1/2-8oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained & chopped
1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
10-12 large outer lettuce leaves, rinsed and patted dry

1. Heat a large, non-stick skillet on high. Add chicken, onion, salt & pepper, and cook until chicken is nearly done, stirring often to break up the meat. Add in minced garlic and ginger, and continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink.

DSC_0001 DSC_0006

2. Meanwhile, in a microwave safe bowl, combine sesame oil, soy sauce, water, peanut butter, honey, rice vinegar, chili garlic sauce and pepper. Microwave for 20 seconds, then stir until smooth. Add into the skillet and stir to combine.

3 Add green onion and water chestnuts into the skillet then cook for 1-2 minutes until the onions are soft and the water chestnuts are heated through.

DSC_0011 DSC_0015

4. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts, and serve with cold lettuce leaves

I die. I die for this dish! It is FANtastic, and so much lighter than PFC’s!

Salty, crunchy and crispy – fun too! Simply pile the chicken mixture onto a lettuce leaf,

and chomp. AWESOME. The fuller you stuff ‘em, the better, too. My first wrap was kind of weak sauce, so I really jammed the filling in with the others. Much better! :D

The water chestnuts in the mixture are a total must, in my opinion. They add a fabulous crispness and texture to the filling, that you wouldn’t get by just using ground chicken alone. You have to make these! :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)