Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

Opinions?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:29 PM
  • 13 Replies

My mom and I are opening a little baby clothing and nursery decor business. No store front, just websites and art fairs. All of our products are handmade down to the buttons, and we use the best quality materials. We're not in it for profit, just a a hobby to do together in our spare time.

My question is, what would you want to see in that kind of shop? What price range is reasonable to you? Does being handmade make you more or less inlined to buy an item?

Thanks in advance :)

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bchic24
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I would love more handmade stuff but people tend to overprice it. Like selling handmade tutus for 40 bucks when I make them for less than 10. I would love some cute boy stuff though. It's always for girls lol.

jbirdsladie27
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Sorry my kids are older (16 & 20) so I've got nothing.... Good luck!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:52 PM

I would be more likely to buy that kind of thing as a gift. My kids' day to day clothes are the usually thrift store finds. I hate spending money on clothes that will get so little use. 

fla33023
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:29 PM
I agree. I can get my 2 1/2 yr old shirts and shorts for a buck each at Sal Army. She plays in the dirt most says! Handmade is nice for a newborn gift.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

I would be more likely to buy that kind of thing as a gift. My kids' day to day clothes are the usually thrift store finds. I hate spending money on clothes that will get so little use. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaiasMommy619
by Safina on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:54 PM

I think the typical stuff is always a good thing..Tutu's for little girls, hair bows, knitted hats or beenies, knitted blankets...stuff like that. God Luck!!

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:36 AM
I agree. Keep us posted on how it's going! :)

Quoting MaiasMommy619:

I think the typical stuff is always a good thing..Tutu's for little girls, hair bows, knitted hats or beenies, knitted blankets...stuff like that. God Luck!!

lukee
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I would buy as gift items--bought onsies with funny sayings for friends daughter--though I know I could have done it myself after I really looked at them--still was not sorry--think something embroidered would be nice mainly enhanced items that would be useful

strictmomhere
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:12 PM
I love blankets and taggies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dinimon
by Diana on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:40 AM
I love cute accessories, hats, scarves (thin ones since this is Florida, lol), even shoes and blankets. And most seem to focus on girl stuff so some more boy stuff.
Salem2012
by Anais on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Being handmade would def. make me pay more but...i wouldnt pay say...$50.00 for one onesie or t-shirt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN