Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ZAYCON

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:47 AM
  • 6 Replies

those of you in Tampa Bay Times may have read article today about this--it is opportunity to purchase high quality  meats(only certain cuts) at reduced prices --drawback is it requires purchase of larger amount  than most could store easily. Anyway article in paper praised it so I went to check it out--you have only certain times to pick up your meats(from a big truck) ordered ahead of time and only certain things available at a time. Nothing frozen --no chemicals etc. It could be done with friends or family--share the cost and the product. I have friends up north that buy into produce co-op and every week on say Thursday they get a box of produce --no choice of what--and they felt that works--what do you gals think of the idea? I am not really promoting anything just curious

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Huh,I never heard of that before.I bet Jim would love it.

Dinimon
by Diana on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:31 AM
It sounds interesting.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fireflymcl
by Meghan :) on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:35 AM
They deliver here in Pensacola. I have friends who usually go in on a case together since it comes by case. I've heard the chicken breast is good.
LadyBast
by Brenda on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I really love the idea especially if it is good lean cuts of meat I am very picky on meat and only buy a lot of chicken, the beef must be lean but yes I would love to do this but the $$ is the issue, to spend a lot and right now I do not have a lot of space.. Wish I did guess it is time to clean out freezers :) I get the Tampa Tribune so I did not see this is this paper good?? I have seen it in the stores but no idea how to order etc? Please LMK I would like to read something different!

lukee
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:52 AM

http://www.tampabay.com/subscribe/   I prefer this paper but like all papers it has issues due to so many using online news--there is two week trial online

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)