Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms

nothing like a stab in the heart :(

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Amy
  • 14 Replies

not sure how many of you know but we lost a little girl at 33 weeks gestation in July 2011.   our oldest was newly 5 at the time very excited about having a new baby sister.

well tonight as we were walking from downtown home after her cheerleading practices she burst out into tears!  I stopped and asked her what was wrong well she proceeds to tell me 'I wish Phoenix (the baby) could have a life so I could play with her and see her grow up'  I wasnt/still not sure what to say to her besides it's ok to cry, it's ok to be sad we all have days/times that we are sad still about her not being with us.   But it just kind of crushed me that she was so upset.

the only thing that I can think of that may have even triggered her to thinking about her sister (which I could be completely wrong I know this) is that there was a newborn at cheerleading tonight but I thought that baby was there every week maybe tonight was just the first time she noticed?  I have no clue

sorry this is so long..i'm just rambling now venting/thinking about this now that the girls are finally asleep 

Mommy to two girls here on earth and one in Heaven watching over us

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TAG_ur_it
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:38 AM

AWW momma i'm sorry.  i lost one at 12 weeks in '10 and DS still talks about it. 

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Aww I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs to your family.

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:06 AM
(((Hugs)))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Definitely. :(

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Aww I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs to your family.

fla33023
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:19 AM
I'm sorry she's having a hard time. I guess she's no different than any adult, some moments are just harder than others and you never know when it's gonna hit you. Glad she has you for hugs :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maxswolfsuit
by Max on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I think it's really great that she talked to you about it. 

I've taught several kids who had similar losses and they would talk about their sibling frequently at school, but never to their parents. Kids know it's upsetting to bring the subject up around family. So sometimes they keep their feelings in to protect everyone else. 

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. 

wingsfan1234
by Amy on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Thanks ladies.  it is definitaly hard on all of us.. and some days are much worse than others!  I'm so happy she finally talked about it instead of ran and hid like she usually does.  although that probably helped because she really couldnt go anywhere at the time 

strictmomhere
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GOBryan
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I'm sure it's heartbreaking for both of you. Unfortunately, life goes on and depending on your faith, you may be able to tell her that she just went back "Home" to heaven and lives on there. That we never really die. I'm not religious but I'm spiritual and having had lots of contact with the other side, I would easily be able and have expressed this thought to others and although it's no consulation for having a flesh and blood being in front of us to hug, it's nice to know they go on. On occasion, it's just not the right time and may decide to be born a little later. That's what happened to me with my son. Long story.. lol. 

MaiasMommy619
by Safina on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:23 PM
That's so sad :( I'm sorry she is still dealing with the heartache of losing her baby sister.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)