Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've been in SC for almost a year and a half and while I love it here, I've never felt like it was home. My mom is not doing very well and unfortunatly that is  reason we are coming back. I'm still a little happy to be heading south again. We call the Cape Coral and Fort Myers area home.

Just felt like saying whoopee and boo. Thanks for reading

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Replies (11-15):
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I just read this. I'm so sorry, hun. My mom passed away in 2005 at the age of 54 after being sick for 11 years. I miss her terribly but I know she's my guardian angel. Let me know if you want to talk. Hugs!

Quoting Mudfishzgirl:

Don't have anywhere else to vent right now. The cancer spread and there isn't anything that can be done. She has hours to days left and I'm not ready to let her go yet :'-(

Quoting Mudfishzgirl:

I've been in SC for almost a year and a half and while I love it here, I've never felt like it was home. My mom is not doing very well and unfortunatly that is  reason we are coming back. I'm still a little happy to be heading south again. We call the Cape Coral and Fort Myers area home.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jcribb16
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I know you don't - it's so hard.  I struggled with that same thing before my mom died.  I feel for you and can pray for peace, comfort, and strength for her, for you, and for your family.  {{{Hugs}}}

Quoting Mudfishzgirl:

Don't have anywhere else to vent right now. The cancer spread and there isn't anything that can be done. She has hours to days left and I'm not ready to let her go yet :'-(

Quoting Mudfishzgirl:

BeachLifeMama
by Dawn on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Welcome home & hope your mom will get better soon!
Mudfishzgirl
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:29 PM
So today we lost her. Usually two out of three would be great odds but when you've kicked cancers ass twice and it decides to take another swing sometimes there is nothing you can do.
Thankfully we had her transferred to Hospice and she was comfortable and calm and seemed at peace. I hope I will be half the mother to my DD that she was to me.

Quoting Mudfishzgirl:

Quoting Mudfishzgirl:

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Hope your Mom is doing better.Welcome home

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)