Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Florida Moms Florida Moms
does anyone buy shoes from Shoe Carnival for running and exercising or any other shoes there and are they any good dare
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Replies (21-29):
MamaJessx3
by Jess on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:36 PM
No, they do not have the ability to fit you there.

Quoting jojo_382:

Do docks have some 1 that b able to tell me which would b good 4 me

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Never been there. I get mine from Dicks or Sports authority

MamaJessx3
by Jess on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:37 PM
She's referring to them fitting you. They don't do that at sports authority or docks. You have to go to a specialty running store for that.

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Yup, they are just like sports authority. Sometimes cheaper...gotta price them both. They match prices. Well, here anyway since they are directly across the street from each other.

Quoting jojo_382:

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:10 PM
The SA here does that.

Quoting MamaJessx3:

She's referring to them fitting you. They don't do that at sports authority or docks. You have to go to a specialty running store for that.

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Yup, they are just like sports authority. Sometimes cheaper...gotta price them both. They match prices. Well, here anyway since they are directly across the street from each other.

Quoting jojo_382:

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

MamaJessx3
by Jess on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:00 PM
I've never been in a SA that does that. Mostly because the workers typically aren't runners or trainers and don't know what they're talking about. They put u on a treadmill and record you and then play it back and show you you're running style?

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

The SA here does that.

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Quoting jojo_382:

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

jojo_382
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:23 PM
really I didn't know they did that

Quoting MamaJessx3:

I've never been in a SA that does that. Mostly because the workers typically aren't runners or trainers and don't know what they're talking about. They put u on a treadmill and record you and then play it back and show you you're running style?

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

The SA here does that.

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Quoting jojo_382:

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

MamaJessx3
by Jess on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:52 PM
That's what they do at a specialty running store to fit you for shoes. That way they can see how you run (if you overpronate, supinate, etc) and recommend shoes with the correct support for u to prevent injury and help you. I know the sports authority's and dicks and all those stores around here DON'T do that. You have to go to a running store to get that done.

Quoting jojo_382:

really I didn't know they did that

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

The SA here does that.

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Quoting jojo_382:

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I buy shoes from there, but not for running. 

fygfitness_mom
by Chris on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Quoting MamaJessx3:

No, I only buy my running shoes from a specialty running store. If you're using them for running its best to go to a specialty store and get fitted so you know what type of support you need.

I haven't found one here. Do you have any recommendations? It's time for a new pair!

MamaJessx3
by Jess on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Recommendations for a store or a shoe?

The store I go to is fit niche in Lakeland. As far as shoes...that depends. I've had brooks, Asics and sauconys. The ones I have now are saucony kinvara 3 and they're super lightweight and I love them! The brooks pure project shoes are awesome but they don't work with my feet sadly :-( My last pair was Asics kayano and I liked those, they're just heavier. They're the lightest Asics made but I wanted super lightweight.

Quoting fygfitness_mom:

Quoting MamaJessx3:

No, I only buy my running shoes from a specialty running store. If you're using them for running its best to go to a specialty store and get fitted so you know what type of support you need.

I haven't found one here. Do you have any recommendations? It's time for a new pair!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)