Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ladies, I need advice please. Could get long.

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:44 PM
  • 27 Replies
My kids go to a home daycare (no normal daycare is open for the hours we need), at first all was good, she even wrote up a contract with the hours and pay. Now she moved two houses down fom us a couple of months ago and that was even better, we could walk and save the gas. She's always charged us $20 if it got later than 9. Which it did quite a bit but we can't help the hours we work. It was never a problem and we never had a problem paying extra. Now a couple of months ago she'd start things like "make sure you're here by this time, I have them so and so many hours a day, I need me time too" ok, first of all the hours were set from the beginning, we've always been happy to pay if it got a little later (we have live music at work every sat so those tend to be the later days, there's only 3 employees, dh, I & one other so it's not something we can choose).
Last Saturday we dropped the kids of at 9:30 am which is the time it says on the contract and she pretty much blew my phone up with messages all day saying how she has the kids so many hours a day and how we need to pay extra for those few minutes. We usually drop them off at around 9:50-9:45. It's been getting really bad and it's turning into a daily ordeal. Today again she texted me saying we need to have them picked up by 8:15 because she made dinner plans with her mom, I texted her "we don't even close til 8, we talked about it this morning how it could get late and you said it was fine" her response was "well, I have them all day, I need me time too, 8:15 is the cut off, have them picked up by then" Hm.. Ok.. Then when we got there at 8:18, she started on how from now on we will have to pay a late fee at 8:30 already and then again at 9pm... This is getting too much for me, she pesters me all day at work with text messages saying how she watches them all day and 10hrs is too much (saw an ad today in Craigslist for her saying she accepts 12hr days and does 24/7 daycare). I'm starting to feel that she doesn't want the kids anymore. Anyways, so I was talking to someone today, she seems really nice and we will meet up and go through details about everything on Sunday. She'd be willing to do half the price of the one we use currently (trust me, she gets A LOT) but she also lives 20-30mins away. She has more kids Leonies age and does group learning and little games and outdoor time. The hours aren't a problem for her and we won't have to worry about a late fee. Only thing is, Leonie loves one of the girls the other one has (our current one) and they're like best friends. I'm also worried about the awkwardness of living so close to us. I don't want to rip Leonie away from her friends and I'm worried about her asking for the girl all the time but I just can't deal with the current provider anymore..
I'm sorry, I know it's long and trust me, it's a lot more drama than I usually have.. WWYD? Btw, this isn't just about the money, this is about her daily text bombing and the fact that she expects us to get the kids at times that are impossible for us even though she knew from the beginning..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dinimon
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Forgot to mention, she tore up the first contract after a week and said we needed to pay $50 more a week. Now the contract is obviously not enforceable by law, it's just something she does with all parents.
Dinimon
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:49 PM
She's causing me a lot of stress at work and putting my job at risk with asking me to get them earlier than possible..
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:50 PM
I would switch providers. You need the peace of mind at work and not stress with all the messages etc. Kids are resilient and will adjust. Maybe you could set up a play date with the girl.

I hope it works out for you.
jupiter5
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this
She is unprofessional at best and downright bitchy at worst get a new babysitter, she may turn her resentment towards your kids
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:57 PM
You can't keep going through all that, hun. I would definitely find someone else (hopefully everything works out with the person you're meeting up with on Sunday) because that's just too much stress for you to deal with. In terms of the girl who Leonie is friends with, set up play dates whenever possible for them to spend time together. Just explain in the easiest way possible to your current provider that it's just not working out. Hugs and good luck!
Dinimon
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Yea, I think we wil. Leonie will make new friends..

Quoting mamamedic69:

I would switch providers. You need the peace of mind at work and not stress with all the messages etc. Kids are resilient and will adjust. Maybe you could set up a play date with the girl.

I hope it works out for you.
Dinimon
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:04 PM
That's what I'm worried about too.

Quoting jupiter5:

She is unprofessional at best and downright bitchy at worst get a new babysitter, she may turn her resentment towards your kids
Dinimon
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Thank you. :)

Quoting KylesMom409:

You can't keep going through all that, hun. I would definitely find someone else (hopefully everything works out with the person you're meeting up with on Sunday) because that's just too much stress for you to deal with. In terms of the girl who Leonie is friends with, set up play dates whenever possible for them to spend time together. Just explain in the easiest way possible to your current provider that it's just not working out. Hugs and good luck!
Dinimon
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Also, she keeps putting a guilt trip on us cause she doesn't have any other kids past 6pm and doesn't watch other kids on Saturdays anymore except for our kids.
LadyBast
by Brenda on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I think I would switch also but you cannot blame her for wanting time out with a friend or family, if she has your kids over 12 hours you should pay more but I think she is just taking advantage of you, your kids will meet new friends and you can visit the one she has now...

But I would not do the BS with her any longer, that is just me I would tell her we are done and move on.. Such as life you know it I had to do this with Ashley after the accident too, I was being charged more and anything at all would happen they called me I had to change no choice for me and it was for the better Ash was so much happier!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)